Tiny Frog in garage... and it's hot !!! what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's this tiny frog on the window sill in my garage. It has been moving around - mostly it just hangs vertically and sometimes flat.
it's HOT in the garage. I splashed some water on it a couple of times (like once a day) and it kinda jumps around and looks confused.

Can it survive in this heat? IDK if i should throw it out, but outside is hot too, although it rains almost every afternoon.
My wife thinks it's on the window sill because it probably has food there (insects etc).

IDK what to do..

what would benefit it more? move it outside? (birds might get it too)
Or shall I just let it be? but then we will be out of town until Tuesday and there's no one to throw water at it.

Thanks IA for any advice.

A garage window is not the natural environment for a frog. Take it down to your local French restaurant. They'll know what to do.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Go put it in the woods or a ditch.

Yup, or under a bush close to an open field that's not mowed. Nothing in the garage but death for that frog.

You could probably put it in some water in a shallow bowl to cool it off when you set it outside.

Do like I do when I find a turtle walking in the road. I grab it,put it on my floorboard,and drive it to the nearest pond or creek. Find a nearby pond or creek to take your frog to.

smirk2.gif

Thanks for the replies guys.
It's raining outside now....guess it;s the best time to do it but .... HOW TO CATCH IT? I have a weird vision of it jumping onto my face...

Gently push it off the window with a broom. Then sweep it outside. Close the garage door to keep it out. The frog will likely go back to the bush it came from in the first place. Frogs seem to find a place and stick with it. I had one that was always in the same spot in my yard for a few years. I haven't seen it in a while. I guess it croaked.

DONE !

caught it in a cup (after some jumping around) and took him to the nearby pond (lucky that we have one a few steps away in the 'neighborhood). Set it near the edge of it. (well it LANDED safely near the end of it, as we threw it, on the grass).
his relatives were in there having a loud party. Last seen hopping towards the water edge.

Thanks, everyone!
I feel better somehow., Hope he does too, it was raining lightly and hopefully he will have a better time.
(I wonder what he thought was happening the whole time )

Last edited:
Originally Posted by P10crew
Geesh put him in a pickle jar and let the grand kids play with him. lol

LOL too late! Frog in pond, and too late for grand kids, too. We don't have any kids
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 97tbird
DONE !

caught it in a cup (after some jumping around) and took him to the nearby pond (lucky that we have one a few steps away in the 'neighborhood). Set it near the edge of it. (well it LANDED safely near the end of it, as we threw it, on the grass).
his relatives were in there having a loud party. Last seen hopping towards the water edge.

Thanks, everyone!
I feel better somehow., Hope he does too, it was raining lightly and hopefully he will have a better time.
(I wonder what he thought was happening the whole time )

cheers3.gif

Frog was probably thinking , geez why is this guy so scared of me.

Sounds like it was a tree frog, it will be back because they don't live in ponds.

"My wife thinks it's on the window sill because it probably has food there (insects etc). " Smart girl, keep her
beer3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back