Finally did it. 2017 3500HD Gasser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Well we decided it was time. Nothing wrong with the old truck just time to update. Was sad to see the old truck go lots of memories with it.

2017 3500HD 6.0/6L90E Crew Cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 gears. LT trim level so nicely optioned. 29,000 miles

Was advertised for 39310, 37500 for me (probably anyone) with 6500 (happy with that) for the old truck plus some money down. So I am happy. The upgrade is pretty amazing.

I am in love.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

20190712_164419.jpg

20190712_164429.jpg

20190712_164431.jpg

20190712_164442.jpg

How are the RPM's with 4.10's and the 6 speed? The 6.0 is a great engine, I assume you didn't need all the power of the Duramax?

Originally Posted by 14Accent
How are the RPM's with 4.10's and the 6 speed? The 6.0 is a great engine, I assume you didn't need all the power of the Duramax?

I did not. I towed the current trailer for 7 years with a 6.0/4L80E 4.10 gear truck. This truck has a lot to live up to. The old truck was a rock solid 02 GMT 800.

So the only comparison I have right now is there is a big hill by my house. The old truck would be at 3000 RPM to go 60 up it. This truck was at 2200 rpm going 60 up it.

Wow! You just installed an big cooler on your truck then traded it? Nice truck. Are you going to upgrade the trans cooler on it?

Originally Posted by spasm3
Wow! You just installed an big cooler on your truck then traded it? Nice truck. Are you going to upgrade the trans cooler on it?

I had been looking and this one just came up.

I hear the stock one is pretty good. I tow next weekend so I will see, but it was 85 today and I didn't see over 140 with the stock cooler.

The best part is the front grill doesnt have the super goofy

C H E V R O L E T across it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

CR-Cars-InlineHero-2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-f-2-19.jpg

Originally Posted by Chris142
Tons of ac condenser failures on those and its a huge job to replace it. It also uses the new r1234 refrigerant thats beyond expensive.

Someone has to come along and rain on a parade.

Nice truck

Rod

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Originally Posted by Chris142
Tons of ac condenser failures on those and its a huge job to replace it. It also uses the new r1234 refrigerant thats beyond expensive.

Someone has to come along and rain on a parade.

Nice truck

Rod

LOL Thanks Rod,

I knew about the problem when I bought it. My sister in law is a Service writer at a Chevy dealership. It ok.
smile.gif
I am happy.

Originally Posted by Rand
The best part is the front grill doesnt have the super goofy

C H E V R O L E T across it.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Yep. I really wanted that new 6.6 gasser, but so ugly!

Nice buy! I like this body style much more than the new GM, half ton or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back