Found these bulk (no box) frams on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Unfortunately they didn't have a price listed. I should have taken one to scan it and find out but didn't.

I think a 3614 fits 6607 and 7317 applications correct?

I'm not a Fram guy. However, if they scanned for a dollar or two, I would have ran them for a slightly shorter interval than my regular filter or given them to framily members.

Edit:
I just read that those are for a lawn mower. If so, I would have bought them and handed them out. My mower doesn't us an oil filter. ( B&S 15.5 hp)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jayjr1105
I think a 3614 fits 6607 and 7317 applications correct?

No. 3614 is 3/4 inch thread, fits lots of older Ford, Mopar, Toyota, Nissan ... and they're as good as any jobber filter IMO.

It's a stubbly xx3600 (Motorcraft FL400s) and could also be used in place of the xx16 on my Jeep.

It's a very "one size fits all" filter as the large quantities in the photo imply.

Almost any Toyota 4-cyl in the entire world will run these.

EVERY Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Onan, etc. etc etc etc Even Harley-Davidson can run these.

These are the Fram Core filters used in the WM TLE. According to former Fram rep, "technically" these are not supposed to be for sale to the public. Don't know about now, but didn't stop them from showing up on ebay regularly.

Thanks for the clarification on the threads. Is there a chart somewhere that shows common filter types and their respective thread type?

Member here worked for FRAM... said they are same as GM OE

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2958438/Re:_Fram_Core_filter

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Not anymore. That may have been the case during the brief Fram-Champ alliance, and how they got the name "Core", from ecore. Now all Fram fiber endcap construction, no ecores and no relation to Champ Labs. Also GM oem ACDelco use poppet type bypass, not found on generic Champ made ecores like Super Tech. The last excepting the newish ST988 'hybrid' filter, with ecore cage, metal endcaps and poppet dome bypass.

Originally Posted by Eddie
Just because it screws on doesn't mean it's good to use. Ed

If it screws on, have the right bypass pressure, and have the right gasket size, and it is not too wide and not too long, it is good to go.

Just realized the oil change place my FIL used was putting a 4 cyl camry filter on the v6, and it ran fine with no leak.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
I'm confused, how can you tell those filters are on vacation?

grin2.gif

By their lack of clothes (no box) and golden orange tans.

Lol at all you guys. These are walmart tle filters. I use them daily. That store prob doesnt have a tle and put them on the sales floor. They retail for 2.19 also fram claims there the same thing as there orange can.

Originally Posted by Dylan1303
That store prob doesnt have a tle and put them on the sales floor.

Possibly. More likely, they were put on the shelf by a new over-night stocker who didn't know better.

Originally Posted by Dylan1303
Lol at all you guys. These are walmart tle filters. I use them daily. That store prob doesnt have a tle and put them on the sales floor. They retail for 2.19 also fram claims there the same thing as there orange can.

TLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back