Hoarder's car I worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked at the Ford dealer years ago in parts and service we refused to work on cars like that. There is messy and there is disgusting, gross, and even hazardous. We would have refused service to that owner until the car was cleaned out.

[Linked Image]

Burn It

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I worked on a car just like that today. It smelled like B.O. and rotten milk.

Did it have new tires?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I worked on a car just like that today. It smelled like B.O. and rotten milk.

Did it have new tires?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

No just the $20 Quaker State Pit Crew. Probably the highest value object in that 98 Camry. People like that don't care as long as their tire has air in it and goes down the road.

I've witnessed one of these the other day. It was a 2001 Honda Accord; It was filled up with all kind of junk to the roof; He even popped up the trunk saying he was looking for some key, you know just like a needle in a haystack
lol.gif

That drivers floorboard is a stuck gas pedal waiting to happen. Very unsafe for the people around it in traffic for sure.

I guess I fit the "Guy's Car" meme. Mine is neat and clean. The trunk is organized with a small velcro'd down, ballistic nylon tool tote that contains the basics. That's it, nothing else in the car.

Ive been to a few houses that look like that doing HVAC work over the years, the front yard would look neat and decorated but when you go inside there was piles of books, magazines, clothes and shopping bags full of items up to the ceiling.

One other lady had about 50 cats in her house, she was a cat lover so she would get them from people who couldn't care for them anymore she said, otherwise they get put down at the shelter.
As soon as I walked in my eyes started watering from the strong smell and started coughing , I put my shirt over my nose and said .. im sorry mam im going to have to get a mask.

I asked a buddy for a ride home from the bar a few years ago, as a DWI wasn't on my list of wants. I was kind-of excited as we approached his car, as it was an Eclipse GS-X, which I've always loved. I opened the door, and the floorboard was full to the seat-bottom of bottles and cans. I had to kick a hole in the pile just to step in.

Why, God, why do people treat cars like this!!?? It takes no more effort to take it out than it takes to bring it in. I don't even bring food or drink into my car, because I can survive without water or food until I get where I'm going, so this kind of trash collection is beyond my comprehension.

My Dad was always pretty particular about keeping our family cars clean inside and out. But his work vans were terrible. Full of trash, pop cans, ash trays overflowing, etc.. Granted, they were all rolling junkpiles, purchased from auction at lowest possible cost and driven by a constantly changing cast of characters, but still... I could always tell when Dad and my cousin had been on a job together by the number of Pepsi cans that fell out when you opened the door. I still remember the smell. A mix of old french fries and cigar butts baking in the hot sun. Couldn't roll those windows down fast enough!

When I was in college I installed satellite dishes (hence the username) and encountered a few hoarders. I remember one, this woman had every newspaper, magazine and piece of mail she ever received. The stairs to the second floor were stacked to the ceiling with only a narrow passageway, 2 of the 3 bedrooms were filled floor to ceiling. One had a TV in it that I never saw! She told me to forget about hooking it up. If a fire ever broke out they'd never find her or be able to put it out.

Originally Posted by dishdude
When I was in college I installed satellite dishes (hence the username) and encountered a few hoarders. I remember one, this woman had every newspaper, magazine and piece of mail she ever received. The stairs to the second floor were stacked to the ceiling with only a narrow passageway, 2 of the 3 bedrooms were filled floor to ceiling. One had a TV in it that I never saw! She told me to forget about hooking it up. If a fire ever broke out they'd never find her or be able to put it out.

There was a story once about a house fire in Columbus where the house was sio full of stuff the firemen couldn't walk with their equipment on! I think they had to just let the house burn because they couldnt get in.
31.gif

The person has psychological issues, my vehicle beings to look like that if I take my children out on a vac trip, they rarely throw away their trash :-(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back