The excitement of autopilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys an idiot.

Thats how you get killed or kill someone else.

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave
guys an idiot.

UD

Exactly.

I'm not going to volunteer to do it, but how do these cars respond when someone cuts them off and slams on the brakes which is incredibly common out here?

I'm skeptical-why are all the windows down. I want a quiet nap. Maybe to get a good video???

Originally Posted by OILJUNKIE
It's called autonomous driving it's the wave of the future.

Perhaps but the future is not here yet.

Tesla has sold over 500,000 cars with AP.
These cars send data back to Tesla; Tesla has over 1.2B miles of data.
Is is used to improve AP.
I believe the data will be used in their soon to be released insurance business.
Safe drivers will get better rates...

As far as reaction to being cutoff, AP is probably better than most drivers. The cameras are on all the time.

As far as this driver goes, faking or not, he is an idiot who should be held responsible.

Originally Posted by rekit
I'm skeptical-why are all the windows down. I want a quiet nap. Maybe to get a good video???

cheers3.gif

Even if real, it'll be great in the future when falling asleep at the wheel (common) doesn't guarantee an accident.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by UncleDave
guys an idiot.

UD

Exactly.

Yup.

The guy states in the very first comment "loves to prank". FFS can we save our outrage for something important?

Screenshot_20190712-081454_Instagram.jpg

Originally Posted by dbias
The guy states in the very first comment "loves to prank". FFS can we save our outrage for something important?

Wasn't sure how to take that TBH. Is it the guy filming that loves to prank people passed out or in the zone on AP? Or does he love to be the guy on autopilot pranking random drivers?
21.gif

Wasn't sure how to take that TBH. Is it the guy filming that loves to prank people passed out or in the zone on AP? Or does he love to be the guy on autopilot pranking random drivers?
21.gif

They were probably working together. Insta guy is teslaphotogtapher and the dude doing the filming is obviously not in a tesla, soooo.....

Originally Posted by The_Eric

21.gif

They were probably working together. Insta guy is teslaphotogtapher and the dude doing the filming is obviously not in a tesla, soooo.....

Perhaps they are buddies and this is indeed a charade, but I think the concern about this happening, even if that's the case, is not unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back