Recommend Me: Largest Back Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Passat rear seats.

2016-volkswagen-passat-sel-v6-rear-seats.jpg

1_Rear-Seats.jpg

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I'd take these designo seats over that any day. In addition to listing for 92k, the designo package was a 12-15k option.

Very nice and should stay cool in the summer with that color. Although I'd want a different color like tan, grey, etc..

I rent cars all the time. Often 2 or 3 per week.

The V6 Impala is a very nice car. It's described by Car and Driver as "competent" and in reality, that's high praise. It accelerates quite well with no drama, rides well, handles well and I find them really comfortable.

It's easy to get in and out of both the front and the back. Plenty of room everywhere.

The Accord is really close to the same size inside (by feel) but the Impala is a bigger car and you can fit more in it.

I'd love to buy an SS sedan but they seem to just keep getting more expensive with age. Local carmax has a 60k mile SS for like 35k still. GM gave 20% off when they closed them out. So no thanks on some 3-4 year old car selling for close to new price still. A 17 Cadillac XTS dropping form high 40s to 20k today sounds more interesting.

Impala and Buick Lacrosse? Why not just get the Cadillac version?

Originally Posted by ammolab
2016 or 17 Chevy SS Sport Sedan. Big back seat. Big Trunk

And BIG 6.2 liter 415 HP V8.

Originally Posted by dareo
I'd love to buy an SS sedan but they seem to just keep getting more expensive with age. Local carmax has a 60k mile SS for like 35k still. GM gave 20% off when they closed them out. So no thanks on some 3-4 year old car selling for close to new price still.

How are you not considering a 2017 Chevy Caprice PPV? actually slightly longer than a SS and uses almost the exact same interior from 2014+ and a barely noticeable 6.0 LS instead of the LS3 6.2 which is actually tuned to run on 87 octane... Very doable with tons to choose from, the lower miles non patrol cars will be much higher but people are regularly buying 100K miles cars for projects now well under $10k... I've had mine for almost 5 years, best purchase I have made on a $20K car ever and I can't see how I will ever top the performance to price ratio in the future.

The Caprice, and other V8 RWDs are not high on my list because of the low city fuel economy and the wife driving it most of the time. Plus it is hard to find a really clean caprice without a lot of miles and/or idle time and seat wear. Caprice has 43 inches rear legroom!

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
2016 Passat rear seats.

Is that with the seats all the way back?

And OP, big back seat....what's her name?
lol.gif

VW Passat brand new is easily in your price range with a 6 year 72k mile transferable bumper to bumper warranty and they drive and handle real well for a family sedan.

As CuJet mentioned, V6 Impala... I rented one last week, really nothing to complain about, controls all sensible, nice combination of manual knobs and electronic feedback, good performance, good fuel economy for the size. Took a small family road trip in it, no complaints from the back seat.

OK one complaint from a short person, couldn't see through the windows, too high up, but all the modern cars that do well on the small overlap crash test have this issue.

Originally Posted by dareo
I'd love to buy an SS sedan but they seem to just keep getting more expensive with age. Local carmax has a 60k mile SS for like 35k still. GM gave 20% off when they closed them out. So no thanks on some 3-4 year old car selling for close to new price still. A 17 Cadillac XTS dropping form high 40s to 20k today sounds more interesting.

Impala and Buick Lacrosse? Why not just get the Cadillac version?

If they get "more expensive with age"?......you don't want to buy a car that you can sell later for MORE money than you PAID for it?

Well, then buy the one with plummeting resale and explain that deal to me.

Well, back in 2016/2017 i didn't want to pay around 39k for a brand new Chevy SS, and i still don't want to pay 35k for a used one. The wife and kids will put a lot of wear on whatever car and having something "special" like an SS would hurt psychologically to see that wear and damage take place. I think current SS pricing is totally overpriced. I don't buy unless i'm getting a good deal. I think an SS with the average 50k or so miles should be worth about 25-28k today. But too many youtubers and fan boys have propped up the values this year.

The generation of Accord prior to your car has a huge back seat in width and legroom, certainly more than the Gen 9.
Our Gen 10 supposedly has the same interior volume as our Gen 8, but it sure doesn't seem to work that way.
The Gen 8 also has a more generous trunk.
A really good Gen 8 with all the toys with your choice of engine should run you under 10K.
The Gen 8 isn't a great handler, but the Gen 9 isn't either and either beats an Impala or Mexican VW.

The 300 has 40.1" of legroom in the back, and the v6 gets pretty good fuel economy. It's also super comfortable even with the sporty suspension and 20" wheels that mine has... they also offer AWD if that's something you want.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
1972 Duce and a quarter. You can take a full swing with a 5 iron in the back seat.

[Linked Image]

Port and starboard running lights came standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back