UOA with K&N

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Just throwing this out there.

18 GOLF SW-190703_UOA_15K.jpg

And likewise when I had posted the first one I got comments that the high SiO2 was from the K&N vs. normal break in bits. I'll keep an eye on it but I'll wager it will stay low.

"K&N is bad. See? The car's first oil change ever proves it! "

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
What color is this VW wagon ?? Deep blue color??

20190520_133213.jpg

Originally Posted by TiGeo

That's a sweet ride. I might start looking for a clean used one in a couple of years.

Beware the K&N filter's treachery! If it doesn't get you with extra dirt in the cylinders, it will get you some other way for sure! I know because I allowed myself to be lulled into complacency by UOAs with unremarkable SiO2 levels after installing one on The Bacon Hauler a while back.

Then, when I was least expecting it, BLAMMO! I was laid off from my job of 5 years.

Oh sure, they said it was corporate downsizing and there's nothing I could have done, but I know the truth...I know what's behind this "misfortune", and while I'm not willing to name any names, I will provide a hint: it's name starts with a K and ends with an N...

Anyway, the damage has been done, and it's not like I can un-buy the K&N filter and never install it, so I just have to move on with my life. But what really bothers me is all the innocent folks who had to pay for my mistake.

I mean, it's one thing to make me redemptive for my air filter transgressions, but to also get all those other employees laid off at the same time too, that's just wrong...

^^^you sir gave me a laugh!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Linctex

That's a sweet ride. I might start looking for a clean used one in a couple of years.

It's a fun little wagon. Very tunable. I'm looking to put a larger turbo on with a downpipe which will give me a nice bump in power. Currently the Stage 1+ tune is rated at 254 hp/293 tq at the crank.

Originally Posted by tony1679
K&N isn't bad. See? The car's second oil change ever proves it!
smirk2.gif

Don't forget that Virginia is well known for having dusty conditions with miles of scrub.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
smirk2.gif

Don't forget that Virginia is well known for having dusty conditions with miles of scrub.
wink.gif

100%, my driving is not in dusty conditions which clearly aids in not having filtration issues.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Apparently your K&N is doing an excellent job.

Not permitted on the internet so likely is destroying my engine..ahhahahaa

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Apparently your K&N is doing an excellent job.

Not permitted on the internet so likely is destroying my engine..ahhahahaa

lol.gif

smirk2.gif

Guess my original comment is on the wrong side of the opinion street. It's okay, thankfully it's common sense that K&Ns are trash. Besides, VWs are excellent at lying about numbers.
crackmeup2.gif

Ohh so you live in one of the higher end neighborhoods out in that area... Very, very, nice land and neighborhoods in Powhatan county.

Rte 6 is a beautiful drive and has some big money estates directly off that road. Rte 60 is a pretty area has well driving west from Midlothian. What surprised me about driving west on Rte 60 all the way to the mountains was just how straight that road is almost that whole way. Super easy drive really up until just east of the James River. Then rather easy drive to Amherst.

There is a great road connecting Rte 60 and Rte 360 has well... Beautiful properties and land, houses and farms.

Reason I asked about color of your vehicle was because a cat driving a vw deep blue color was hauling donkey on Rte 288 in that area just north of Rte 60 interchange. Wondering if it was you
lol.gif

Last edited:
smirk2.gif

Guess my original comment is on the wrong side of the opinion street. It's okay, thankfully it's common sense that K&Ns are trash. Besides, VWs are excellent at lying about numbers.
crackmeup2.gif

The data in my case say otherwise and I'd say I'm on the wrong side of the opinion street w/r to K&N on BITOG!

35eezi.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my latest, did it a bit early (6K) b/c I just went to Stage 2/larger turbo. Note filtration comments. Continues to be just fine with K&N.

18 GOLF SW-191005_UOA_21K.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back