low sodium mre's

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

your body needs salt + especially iodine in most salts, but the grains that are quickly converted to sugar are causing widespread overweight + type II diabetes a "life style disease" aka poor eating habits!!! cut the carbs + live a longer healthy life!! check out KenDBerryMD you tubes for some truthful eye opening health ideas!

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
i purchased a box of these low sodium mre's a couple months ago and finally trying one out.

My sympathies. With all of the good quality, healthy food choices available MREs would be an act of desperation.

I used to keep some MRE's around for times of emergency--you know, if power goes out for a week plus. Only been one time where it was that bad here, so I haven't bothered buying another box. I don't recall them being awful.

Originally Posted by John_Conrad
i purchased a box of these low sodium mre's a couple months ago and finally trying one out.

I have some. I won't lie, I add salt, lol!

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would willingly buy and then eat MREs

They're tasty? [censored], some of us have had much worse. MRE's are fine. I have plenty of wonderful food, and now make enough money to buy food beyond the old can of dumplings I ate once a day because it was the highest calorie, cheapest thing in the store. I now could probably afford to eat out every night if I chose to (I don't), and I still eat MRE's.

Meals rejected by the enemy, no thanks. I and my son go backpacking for several days a few times every year and we make some simple meals from scratch like rice and beans with bacon, stews, and flatbread. We always have trail mix, pemmican, and chocolate. We also go fishing. We do take some freeze-dried meals for convenience. Our favorite is Mountain House Beef Stroganoff. Exerting ourselves and staying hydrated, we don't worry about the sodium content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back