Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with Bridgestone hi mileage warranties is the produce a hard ride. This tire may be quiet but long warranties require harder rubber.

I'm guessing it's Bridgestone's answer to the Michelin Premier.

And seeing how BMW and Lexus mostly come OEM with Bridgestone and some people only want that brand for replacement, this might be a knee-jerk move by Bridgestone.

This may be part of a new marketing push for quieter tires. I don't know if they apply acoustic foam to the inside of the tire to dampen noise, but quieter tires for electric vehicles, where road noise is more dominant than on IC-engine vehicles, is gaining popularity. https://insideevs.com/tesla-tires-sound-dampening-acoustic-foam/
Continental's ContiSilent acoustic foam lined tires are another push to emphasize noise reduction as well.
There is the Helmholtz resonators that can be fitted to wheels that could catch on too. https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automobile/Noise-reducing-wheel-picturebook.html

These Bridgestones might just use the old low-tech method of varying tread block sizes to spread the frequencies out a bit.

Availability is starting to pick up for these tires.

But the prices are crazy high! For my Prius, which takes 215/45-17, the Quiettrack's are $186.99/each. The Premier A/S (which I currently have) are $161.99/each.

Has anyone tried a set of the Quiettrack tires?

EDIT: More info about these tires:
https://www.wired.com/story/bridgestone-turanza-quiettrack-tire/

Last edited:
Subscribe.

It is not time for me yet, but I like to do research prior.

I am on the fence between the QuietTrack or the Michelins MVMX.

Looking for quiet tires, strong sidewalls and can handle wet and light snow well.

I wonder if the extra 2-4 lbs. of unsprung weight are the cause of perceived rough ride? I know in the motorcycle world, tire weight versus competitors is always a consideration.

Originally Posted by JunkdrawerDog
I wonder if the extra 2-4 lbs. of unsprung weight are the cause of perceived rough ride? I know in the motorcycle world, tire weight versus competitors is always a consideration.

IDK, could be. I had them in the last decade quite often, and all were much rougher than Michelin or Continental.
But RFT versions are truly abysmal. Of all top tier RFT manufacturers theirs are BY FAR the worst.

Lol. My Dad ran a 1998 C230 for a number of years. When the OEM Contis wore out, he had them replaced with a set of Bridgestones. Exited the tire store, drove around the block and went right back in. Had the Bridgestones removed and a new set of Continentals spooned on. Ride was terrible with the Bridgestones.

The Turanza has the full 10/32 tread.
The Premier only has 8.5/32
mad.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
mad.gif

Yea-but the Premiers are supposed to last the length of their tread warranty....until they don't. That's been mentioned on here more than once.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
mad.gif

Had Premier, still would take them. They wear out faster, but their wet performance is ridiculous.

CrossContact Lx25 from continental has my attention.

Lighter than almost anything else in its sizes
Improves upon the excellent Lx20
Has a damping insulation layer between the treads as I understand
The TrueContact Tour does amazingly in wet and snow tests, and the Lx25 is newer and rated even better on continental's site.

Originally Posted by Ws6

The TrueContact Tour does amazingly in wet and snow tests, and the Lx25 is newer and rated even better on continental's site.

Continental's always had comfortable tires.
I have DWS on Tiguan during summer, and they are great performer. IDK how they doing in snow, not interested in that.

Originally Posted by Ws6

I was eyeballing the Purecontact LS myself. I saw tire rack had the Turanza Quiettrack available in my size for a whopping $329.99 each!!!!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Ws6

I was eyeballing the Purecontact LS myself. I saw tire rack had the Turanza Quiettrack available in my size for a whopping $329.99 each!!!!
crazy2.gif

I'd really recommend the LX25 based on my experience with the LX20 and the fact that the LX25, like the LX20, and unlike the PC LS, has symmetrical tread, offering more rotation options and theoretically better/longer treadlife, presuming your vehicle does not have staggered rims, which I believe neither in your signature do. The LX25 may well also be V-speed rated, although I'd think H would be plenty for either vehicle you have listed. While the 300S is a car, it has weight and performance identical to a compact SUV, so I wouldn't hesitate to run the LX25 on it. My experience with the LX20's I had on my last CX5 really biased me toward these tires, I will admit. Just excellent in every way unless your goal is max summer performance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

crazy2.gif

I'd really recommend the LX25 based on my experience with the LX20 and the fact that the LX25, like the LX20, and unlike the PC LS, has symmetrical tread, offering more rotation options and theoretically better/longer treadlife, presuming your vehicle does not have staggered rims, which I believe neither in your signature do. The LX25 may well also be V-speed rated, although I'd think H would be plenty for either vehicle you have listed. While the 300S is a car, it has weight and performance identical to a compact SUV, so I wouldn't hesitate to run the LX25 on it. My experience with the LX20's I had on my last CX5 really biased me toward these tires, I will admit. Just excellent in every way unless your goal is max summer performance.

I just looked them up, not available in my size sadly... You are correct about the 300's weight. Right around 4,000-4,300lbs, within about 200lbs of the van! But no, the older I get the less I care about being fast/absolute sheer performance and the more I care about being in a quiet comfortable area... or maybe it's my children driving me to that point... they're lucky they're cute!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

crazy2.gif

I just looked them up, not available in my size sadly... You are correct about the 300's weight. Right around 4,000-4,300lbs, within about 200lbs of the van! But no, the older I get the less I care about being fast/absolute sheer performance and the more I care about being in a quiet comfortable area... or maybe it's my children driving me to that point... they're lucky they're cute!
lol.gif

That sucks that it's not on your size. They come in a bazillion sizes.
Yeah, the LX25 is a good all-around tire, and based on the isolation layer in it, should be rather quiet, even the LX20 was pretty quiet without said layer.

You may consider Altimax RT43
The only downside I noticed on mine was a bit of low-speed as well as hard cornering noise. It was in the form of low tread growl, and only on those occasions (parking lots and hard corners). Otherwise, very well mannered, and excellent in all conditions I put it through, including a few tiny patches of snow, although the season had ended by the time I put them on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back