Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was suppose to hid 101F yesterday . Do not know if it quite made it ?

High predicted for today 99F .

Air conditioners getting a work out .

Enjoy the summer .

It's cold & miserable up here 8 months out of the year so I'm enjoying this heat
smile.gif

Originally Posted by WyrTwister

I'll trade 100 with no humidity for 90 with 60% humidity any time.

Hot with low humidity is just about perfect.

Unfortunately, where I am, we get a lot of humidity. It's awful. Last friday I worked outside most of the day and it was disgusting!

low 90's here in s w Pennsylvania dew point 71....just a little uncomfortable....lol

Worker bees in the power industry are outside every day all day. A week ago we were in 107 heat index and to make matters really nice we must wear FR everything. We cherish the few days a year that we get to work in the shop... at least it's in the shade!

Air conditioners getting a work out .

Enjoy the summer .

Yes....God bless Texas

Originally Posted by FT92
low 90's here in s w Pennsylvania dew point 71....just a little uncomfortable....lol

Yeah, about the same northwest of Pittsburgh
smile.gif

Originally Posted by atikovi

I'll trade 100 with no humidity for 90 with 60% humidity any time.

^^ This!
It's amazing how much cooler any given temperature feels based upon relative humidity.
It's usually really humid here when it's really warm, so it feels awful.
When we have 90F with lower humidity, which we get occasionally, it feels quite tolerable while with higher humidity it feels unbearable.
We had a fairly unbearable day yesterday and I cut the grass after work. Not the most enjoyable experience, but it still beats the [censored] out of our winters.

Originally Posted by P10crew
Worker bees in the power industry are outside every day all day. A week ago we were in 107 heat index and to make matters really nice we must wear FR everything. We cherish the few days a year that we get to work in the shop... at least it's in the shade!

They get paid well so they shouldn't complain about the heat.

You are correct....the only [censored] I hear is from the apprentice. Then he gets the ole suck it up buttercup!

In DFW.....It was 99 degrees with 44% RH. That's not dry heat, Houston was a little cooler with 45% RH.

Texas is a huge state with different climate zones, I guess some think of Spaghetti Westerns when Texas is mentioned?......Tumbleweeds & Cactus
grin.gif

Originally Posted by mclasser
It's cold & miserable up here 8 months out of the year so I'm enjoying this heat
smile.gif

To me, miserable is heat. There's no way to dress for it. I'll take cooler weather over hotter. Below freezing 25 degrees over 90 degrees and humidity.
Clothes in stores are in abundance. Ear Muffs over Sweat towels any day.

The older I get the more I like the heat. But humidity is bad, no matter what temp. I'm sure if I were to move someplace with low humidity I'd complain about that too.

I've got really fair skin so I burn very easily. Probably for the best, keeps me out of the sun.

Best part of summer is the long days. Right now it's light out from 5am to 9pm it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back