How To Clean Water Spots Off Your Windshield, using my wiper controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
There's solutions that won't freeze during the winter.
There's solutions that clean windshields of bugs
There's solutions that repel rain - thus less need to use wipers.

But where's the windshield solution that I can spray on using my vehicle wiper controls, that gets those pesky water spot marks off?

No Kestas, same as my other two. The one I drove today a long distance and the spots drove me nuts, was the wife's new Hyundai.
She lets me drive it once a week. But I can't move the seat, mirrors or re-arrange the glove box.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Remember, water spots are the dissolved minerals and dirt in the washer fluid and road grime that are left behind when the water evaporates.
Any cleaning action would have to include flushing away of those deposits and a rinse with a deposit free liquid.

Maybe you could try distilled water or reverse osmosis water in the washer tank if it is driving you that crazy....
Definitely a 1st world problem.

Use 0000 steel wool. That's 4 ought steel wool. Works on glass, chrome, stainless steel every time with very little work (pressure) involved.

Manual labor, Vinegar and 0000 steel wool. On paint, Vinegar and a clay bar work wonders. I have even used 1000/1200 grit sand paper and Vinegar then polished on really bad water spots on painted surface.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
The one I drove today a long distance and the spots drove me nuts, was the wife's new Hyundai.

Aside from the suggestions already posted here, which are probably the best ideas, try Rain-X X-Treme Clean. If there's something actually on the windshield (not etching), such as sealant splash or something oversprayed, it'll get it off.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Use 0000 steel wool. That's 4 ought steel wool. Works on glass, chrome, stainless steel every time with very little work (pressure) involved.

This is correct, use with any wax to lubricate the windshield and is the easiest thing to make any glass look brand new. Mirrors too

I guess my question has been answered.
I cannot walk into any retailer that sells windshield wiper solution and find one that cleans the windshield of those spots, when I turn on my windshield washers.

OK - Thanks. I'll stop looking for a quick, pour it inside that white plastic bowl sitting right next to the antifreeze bowl, remedy.
Instead, I need to concentrate on an additive to my already existing windshield washer solution. Or, just stick to RainX wipe-downs, but more frequently applied.

Got it....... thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Originally Posted by oldhp

This is correct, use with any wax to lubricate the windshield and is the easiest thing to make any glass look brand new. Mirrors too

I wouldn't recommend abrasively polishing outside mirrors. The top surface is silvered as opposed to the back surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back