Child door lock switch is stuck..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
....on my 2014 Altima.

The right rear door won't open from inside the car owing to the stuck child lock switch.

You can open the door all day long from the outside.
And you can manually activate the door lock on that door from the inside, but once the door is closed, you can't open the door.

I really don't want to have to remove all of the door panels to get to the lock, but it has to be cheaper than the dealer.

Thoughts?

2C0AA9BC-0D53-4AA1-A373-D32F0D7FAE7B.jpeg

B78BD640-5BCC-487E-BB24-8B36F1B48E4B.jpeg

There may be some trick to it, as car manufacturers go to great lengths to prevent future customers from Darwinning themselves. So review the owner's manual. For example, the inside door handle may need to be in the pulled, or not pulled position before you can move the lock lever.

Last edited:
Oh man, here's Scotty Kilmer's answer to a similar situation and it's also on a Nissan.

Best part, it's got:
-Scotty
-A jury rigged solution
-JB Weld
-JB Weld mixed on a toilet paper roll in a pile of leaves
-Scotty feeding feral cats

I mean, you just can't make this stuff up.
Good luck OP and maybe Scotty can give you a few tips to help with taking the door panel apart.

This may sound stupid and probably is, but try pushing in on the inside release handle, the opposite of the way you would pull if trying to open it, and try to move the switch while pushing.

Originally Posted by dkryan
....on my 2014 Altima.

The right rear door won't open from inside the car owing to the stuck child lock switch.

You can open the door all day long from the outside.
And you can manually activate the door lock on that door from the inside, but once the door is closed, you can't open the door.

I really don't want to have to remove all of the door panels to get to the lock, but it has to be cheaper than the dealer.

Thoughts?

Your latch has partially failed, or may have.

You have to really look at and examine the mechanism, and also compare it against the other door to verify step-by-step if it is the latch or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back