2002 Kia Spectra, 20,755 mile OCI, Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Matagonka
That is a lot of make-up oil.

Sorta makes the 20k thing off … doubt the oil would look like this without the large turnover of fresh oil …

5w what ?

Probably the reason why the TBN was still above 3.0 even after accumulating 20k+ miles on that oil.

Curious as to what oil filter(s) was used for that interval.

Originally Posted by 1911CHAMPION
Probably the reason why the TBN was still above 3.0 even after accumulating 20k+ miles on that oil.

Here it is actually. I hadn't disposed of it yet luckily.
[Linked Image]

Insoluble still ok, I guess you can keep doing 20k OCI instead of 5k dino or 10k synthetic with no top off.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Normally I hate long intervals but this looks pretty good. Using a quality filter, oil and frequent top offs certainly helped a ton I'm sure.

Originally Posted by torturetestmag

[Linked Image]

Are you planning on cutting it open? I'd be glad to cut and post it for you friend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

[Linked Image]

Are you planning on cutting it open? I'd be glad to cut and post it for you friend
smile.gif

Yeah, I wouldn't mind sending it to you if you were interested in doing that! Just let me know where to send it.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

[Linked Image]

smile.gif

Yeah, I wouldn't mind sending it to you if you were interested in doing that! Just let me know where to send it.

PM me and I'll give you my info friend
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Great idea 53Stude. That one would be very interesting to see.

I will cut and post it when I receive it
smile.gif

Can't wait as Chris (SubyRubieRoo) hasn't sent me gifts in a while now
wink.gif

torturetestmag

Somewhow, you got it backwards in your testing agenda.

Instead, you should be torturing the North Korean (goods), not the South Korean. Ask Kim if you can torture-test any North Korean-made vehicle engines.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
torturetestmag

Somewhow, you got it backwards in your testing agenda.

Instead, you should be torturing the North Korean (goods), not the South Korean. Ask Kim if you can torture-test any North Korean-made vehicle engines.

After 12 years on this board have you completely given up on any sense of technical competence and relevancy in your posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back