WIX XP oil filters???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of threads here about it.... my take:

Good for 15k miles. Lower filtration efficiency than some (perhaps as low as 50% at 20 microns); but since that's the same as OEM Toyota oil filters, it might not be too bad. Synthetic media, quality built. A good filter, I've used them and have one waiting to go into the Liberty in a month or two.

Originally Posted by JLTD

Good for 15k miles. Lower filtration efficiency than some (perhaps as low as 50% at 20 microns); but since that's the same as OEM Toyota oil filters, it might not be too bad. Synthetic media, quality built. A good filter, I've used them and have one waiting to go into the Liberty in a month or two.

^^^ What he said! ^^^^

Originally Posted by JLTD

This is a very good summary ^^^^^^^^

Good filter.

Rock Auto has the Wix plain, which are the same as NAPA Golds,
and Wix XP, which are NAPA Platinum oil filters...

Depends on what you're looking for in an oil filter.

Originally Posted by ChevyPusha
Has anybody been using these filters from Wix? XP is there best oil filter in the line just wanted some thoughts.

Is this for your 07 Grand Marquis?

Have you thought about using a Fram XG2 on it?

Originally Posted by Linctex
Has anybody been using these filters from Wix? XP is there best oil filter in the line just wanted some thoughts.

I agree-you won't beat an XG2 on a 4.6, and eBay prices on the 6 pack are pretty darn good too.

Originally Posted by Linctex

Yes same car 07 MGM I'm interested to hear more on the Fram XG2 they can be had for a good price at your local wally world. I've always been told to stay away from Fram filters like the plague!

I grabbed a couple of the clones of these filters (NAPA Platinum) for the BMW when NAPA had the $4.99 sale in April. But under normal circumstances the NAPA Gold (or the basic Wix) is not only cheaper but filters better, so it's normally the better choice. But I think these filters are well constructed and I doubt they are cause for concern if you run them for a few intervals here and there.

Yes same car 07 MGM I'm interested to hear more on the Fram XG2 they can be had for a good price at your local wally world. I've always been told to stay away from Fram filters like the plague!

Can you offer credible evidence or reasonable experiences for avoiding FRAM?

Used FRAM my whole life. Last 5-6yr I've used FRAM Ultra on all my vehicles & equipment. And having working in filtration media lab setting (not nec. combustion engine oil filtration), I've come to appreciate the FRAM Ultra. It's the best you can get and it's generally the best priced actual premium filter out there.

Gosh! Yet another post turned fram fanatical.
The wix xp is a very well constructed filter a that meets or exceeds your manufacturers specified requirements.

Originally Posted by DudeNiceRide

Used FRAM my whole life. Last 5-6yr I've used FRAM Ultra on all my vehicles & equipment. And having working in filtration media lab setting (not nec. combustion engine oil filtration), I've come to appreciate the FRAM Ultra. It's the best you can get and it's generally the best priced actual premium filter out there.

Just old shop tales and some videos on youtube talking about catastrophic Fram oil filter failures.

Told to stay away from Fram was the 1980s, when the Plague was holding meetings on jumping ship to then very popular Purolator next.
They certainly did jump ship in the 21st Century. Now the Plague is looking for bailing out on Purolator, who's shown some nice filter analysis here the past few weeks.

Where will Plague jump next?.... AC Delco perhaps?.... and has the new problematic program already began?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DudeNiceRide
I've always been told to stay away from Fram filters like the plague!
Just old shop tales and some videos on youtube talking about catastrophic Fram oil filter failures.

You forgot Old Man Sedgwick down at the feed store.

In other words, "No I don't have anything but I'll make up some stuff."

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Gosh! Yet another post turned fram fanatical.

lol.gif

how-can-i-beat-those-frambois.jpg

Folks the filter forum rules did not occur in a vacuum.

No one knows the number of alerts we get from this one forum.

There was no need for Fram to be mentioned in this topic. Further there was no need to start bickering about it.

Standing behind "opinion" is false reasoning also, only someone deliberately trolling could miss how highly Fram is thought of here. No one has locked general filter questions. However unless specifically requested by the OP just answer the question that is asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back