2008 Honda civic oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dragster557
112,000 mile's. Conventional,blend or synthetic
For what it is worth, I ran 8-10k OCIs on the last two Civics using 0w-20 M1 EP. The UOAs always came back better than Blackstone averages. From a cost perspective, synthetic at 8k beats conventional at 5k. Watch for rollbacks at Wallyworld, and don't be afraid to run 0w-20 in that vehicle.

Yeah, I agree, it dosent matter if it's conventional blend or full synthetic. Just change the oil when your supposed to.

Given the low price of synthetics (such as ST), I would run any 5w20 synthetic that is on sale.
Yes, any decent oil will be fine, but synthetics are better.

Bought it with 109000 on it. Has a salvage title, so i feel like i need to drive it a long time to get my money's worth.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Go synthetic drive it until it drops its better than any Honda their building now!

You sure said it. Son in law went shopping for one, ughhhh. Looked at SI, tiny mill plus turbo, needsHi Test🤬. Accords same tiny 1.5 and turbo , all CVT🤮. No way! Then they have the Sport . Something of a Civic I guess. At least it had a 2.0 DI and 6 speed . Had some sort of hairy mat all across the underside that still no one can tell me exactly what it does. It didn't handle well at all with 4 in the car and my 2.5 Camray would run circles around it in all respects and it's no powerhouse. None of us were impressed one bit. Oh Honda I've owned so many of you most starting at 100k , what happened? The only good thing I can say overall is at least standards are coming back ( you can thank ...–CVT. For that).....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back