Costco and car wash

Status
Not open for further replies.
the costco i go to has a car wash. went to put in gas today and something new happened. in the past it was pick payment / reciept yes or no / pick pump gas. now its got a new screen where after credit it asked you if you want a car wash. i like a few others did not pay attention and pressed yes thinking its the reciept. i caught it in time and cancelled and redid my card. this is going to catch a lot of folks that are not aware of this .

i wonder why they did this. maybe not enough people use the car wash

It has been at the Costco I go to in NC for at least the 2 years I have been a member. Sam's Club has been doing it for a few years as well.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i wonder why they did this. maybe not enough people use the car wash

Just about any station that has a car wash around here has the option to purchase a car wash when you make your fuel purchase. It's a way to increase revenue.

It also pays to pay attention and not blindly punch buttons.

Many stations are trying to upsell products like the car wash. The Fred Meyer gas stations around me are even prompting customers if they want a fuel additive added to the fill.

Here I thought you were going to post about not being able to buy a gallon of Meguiar's Gold Class from them any longer.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
We've had that option here in Canada at Esso stations for at least 7-8 years.

Same here at the Shells that do have car washes. The one by my place has no wash, so it doesn't come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back