2004 Subaru STI Track Car; Liqui Moly 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

What do you all make of this oil analysis and the lead content? This is a dedicated track car running e85. This car is ran, very, very hard most times. It's a closed deck ej205 2.14L stroker build. All forged internals (rods, pistons, bearings, crank etc,) It had a hard break-in on the dyno as it is raced every few weekends. This particular sample was from a 500-mile oil change - as in 500 miles from when the new forged motor was installed. It has about 12, 1-minute HPDE laps on it as well as some dyno pulls and spirited driving. I'm running Liquid Molly 5w-40 (6 qts - larger capacity due to the oil cooler). Blackstone seems to think it could be lead from normal break-in and such.

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have a winner with the 0w-40! I would continue to use it. You have evidence to back up its performance.

Dont worry about the other thread noise. Just an eco warrior thinner is better remnant.

One data point means nothing. The oil looks fine and the wear metals don't tell much of a story.

Originally Posted by 3311
I think you have a winner with the 0w-40! I would continue to use it. You have evidence to back up its performance.

Dont worry about the other thread noise. Just an eco warrior thinner is better remnant.

What in the heck are you talking about? He's not running 0W-40; thread noise - you're the first post! Not a SINGLE person will tell this dude to run a thinner oil in a stroked EJ20!

Ur right, I dont know what happend?

Was in the Toyota 0w40 thread and my post showed up in this thread which I never viewed.
What the heck BITOG.
Carry on!

Last edited:
you need to know your oil pressure + temperatures to be sure your using a correct oil while tracking. check out savagegeese,com vid oil the fine print, lots of good vids from pros.

Originally Posted by stlwrx
This particular sample was from a 500-mile oil change - as in 500 miles from when the new forged motor was installed.

I'd say that is DARN GOOD wear numbers from a "fresh" rebuild!

Yeah, very good uoa on a new build but it's hard to read too much into it. As long as your oil pressure is fine this oil is probably a good choice.

A few guys over on IWSTI.com are using Dyson Analysis for uoa's and I would consider using Dyson in your case as well. Quite pricey but you get what you pay for. He has many years of experience looking at Subaru uoa's and is able to make recommendations when things don't look right. Wow, that sounds like an ad and I've never even used Dyson myself. Just have a look over on IWSTI and there are some older threads here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back