Is there anything wrong with these shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I bet if you find an Instagram influencer wearing them, your niece will like them.

As pathetic as that sounds, it's likely true.

5$ if they said Nike, Converse, Adidas, or whatever on them she would wear them.

I'm pretty sure Nike and adidas make a similar shoe actually.

Some people want to be a walking advertisement for things..

Can you take her to the store to try on shoes? You did a thoughtful thing, but teen girls don't think like we do!

I haven't been to a Sierra TP store since TJ Maxx took them over, but back then they had solid products at decent prices. Their shoes, assuming they fit well, were much better than the leftovers at Maxx and Marshall's.

Running shoes should work for a hike, too. Much better than flip-flops.

Originally Posted by ediamiam
After a mile of hiking in those flip flops, those shoes will start looking pretty good.

This.

Let her learn.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Originally Posted by ediamiam
After a mile of hiking in those flip flops, those shoes will start looking pretty good.

This.

Let her learn.

^^This.

Let her wear flip flops on the hike,but stash those athletic shoes along and see how long it is before her feet either start hurting or get scratched up by the rough terrain.

I think those are great looking shoes btw! I love the fact they have Vibram soles,which are probably the best shoe soles made. I love the gray color. Looks 80s retro,like the 80s era Vibram New Balance shoes.

Wow, very ungrateful children.
smirk.gif

I'd appreciate if someone other than my parents was kind enough and wanted to buy me shoes.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
I bet if you find an Instagram influencer wearing them, your niece will like them.

As pathetic as that sounds, it's likely true.

Yep. If some celebrity trash was wearing those shoes.... stores would be back ordered for 3 months.

So you came here too ask a bunch of old guys about a teenage girl's fashion choice?!?
The reverberations in your echo chamber are deafening...

I get that there's a certain amount of utility in the choice as well but your trying to analyze a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside of an enigma.

Good grief!
And good luck!!!
cheers3.gif

And by the way, I like the shoes....

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
You are asking a bunch of old men about why a 16 year old wouldn't wear these shoes?

lol.gif

This times 1000.

I wouldn't dream of trying to pick out a pair of shoes for my daughter no matter what I think of their practicality. Looks are important and lets just say their sense of fashion and mine don't necessarily connect on a Venn diagram... I'm lucky my girls do have shoes in that vein for hiking, but they picked them out - not me. Always beat the drum of practical footwear... but they get to choose.

On top of that, I've never found enough consistency between brands and types of shoes to just ask for a shoe size and have them fit automatically... Recent shoe shopping has resulted in me buying shoes that are a 9.5, a 10.5, and an 11 - all on the same feet...

No good deed goes unpunished.

If shoes are required, just ask for the parent's (on a cruise) credit card and take a trip to the mall.

Wearing flip flops off the sidewalk is dangerous . Stubbing a big toe a mile down a trail would be a real drag for her and the group.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My16 year old niece and 14 year old nephew

That was enough for me to read, along with the title.
Shoes are fine, let her ruin her "good" shoes, as well as her feet. There is nothing you can teach kids like experience will. Sometimes you just have to let them get bit, part of growing up.

Just recently my 11 yr old said no to "ugly" protective gear. Ripped her leg up with the crank of the bicycle as a result. She was wearing it for the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back