Independence Day detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of doing the 300. Currently 91F out! Just finished the wash and working on clay, gonna finish with the Meguiars hybrid ceramic spray wax... this mother's Clay off far more "sticky" than the Meguiars I've used before.

7D950AA3-3615-45EE-9453-22517CF738C6.jpeg

Originally Posted by Malo83
Nice! takes me 5 hrs to do one car
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bcossa2001
Same here.

Wash, clay, wax the Fusion yesterday.
Wash, clay, wax the van today.
About 5 hours apiece and feeling every bit of my 57 years old....
thumbsup2.gif

Understandable guys...but 5 hours only twice a year is good exercise.
lol.gif

You can save a bunch of time with a DA polisher on a couple steps...and longer lasting quality products (not TW) - that's what makes it possible to do 2 vehicles here in 5 1/2 hours or so, and get results that you don't have to do all over again a couple months later.

Great job Greg. Always enjoy your detail posts. Been using white light polish and activate sealant. Just washed and put another coat of activate. Not sure how it is holding up as I have been using a waterless wash & wax for touch ups.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Take care all.

I learned something while doing my sons Black Fusion - While washing I found a few sap droppings.
Removed with alcohol and then used Mothers cleaner wax with DA and orange foam pad. Very impressed with the results.
Followed up with Collinite 845. I found that applying the Collinite by hand to be much faster and easier to control than the DA.
Frankly not sure that the claying was required when using the cleaner wax.
I will be interested to see the difference, if any, in the longevity of the wax finish among the black Fusion and the other 2 vehicles.
Still can't do 2 cars in 5 hours. ...Ž

Originally Posted by gregk24
First of all, Happy 4th!

My wife and I are making this a long weekend, so for the first time in a while I have some extra time on my hands. I was able to *barely* detail both of our vehicles this morning / afternoon. From beginning to end it took about 5 hours in 94+ degree weather, needless to day I am beat!

The Jetta got a vacuum, and all interior plastics and V-Tex seats topped with 303. Exterior was washed with Chemical Guys Extreme body wash + wax, followed by a coat of Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine.

The Accord also was vacuumed (enjoying our small wet / dry vac), interior plastics topped with 303 and leather seats topped with Leather Masters leather protection cream. Same exterior wash as the Jetta but followed with Meguiars Ultimate spray wax.

They are both looking spiffy again, but this heat is going to kill me!

Great work!

Originally Posted by mbacfp
Not sure how it is holding up as I have been using a waterless wash & wax for touch ups.

Which one are you using? I use Ultima waterless wash concentrate which makes about 32 bottles of wash. Cleans and leaves a bit of sealant behind for protection. But always up for trying something new for the most part.

Nice work as always! The exteriors are one thing but I'm always amazed how your interiors look like no one has ever driven the car.

Over the long weekend I did ceramic coating on the X5 and paint sealant on the 340 I'll post pics as soon as I get my image hosting sorted.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by mbacfp
Not sure how it is holding up as I have been using a waterless wash & wax for touch ups.

Which one are you using? I use Ultima waterless wash concentrate which makes about 32 bottles of wash. Cleans and leaves a bit of sealant behind for protection. But always up for trying something new for the most part.

I am using Aero Cosmetics Waterless Wash Wax for in between car wash touch ups. My car is garaged so I am able to touch up and go longer without washing...wheels and brake dust...not so much. So end up washing car more often since I am doing the wheels. Chemical guys has been good...not sure I am a good metric for durability (since my demands aren't though enough).

Family member this past weekend mentioned Power Lock Plus sealant and topping off with Collinite 845. Also had a mention of Hydrosilex recharge ceramic. What are you using for sealants? Can go crazy overthinking all of this. Take care all.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Nice work as always! The exteriors are one thing but I'm always amazed how your interiors look like no one has ever driven the car.

Over the long weekend I did ceramic coating on the X5 and paint sealant on the 340 I'll post pics as soon as I get my image hosting sorted.

Would love to see gofast182...what ceramic coating are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back