Having Issues with Insurance after Wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Miller88, that car is totaled.

My aunt's 16' Avalon wasn't quite as bad when it was rear-ended and it was about $10k to fix. That'll probably total a Sentra since the damage is even more.

There's a really good chance it is totaled. These cars really have no value since there are so many of them combined with the poor quality of Nissan products.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Only a fool would deem that drivable. Yeah... it'll drive, but what happens when it rains and the trunk fills with water?

There's now a boatload of clear tape over the back to attempt to keep the rain out of it. Given how poor travelers insurance is acting, I wouldn't be surprised if they would say it's driveable in it's current condition.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I would not buy insurance from Progressive. Period.

Yep.

I think this is the issue since nothing else makes sense.

Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
lamo most cars can go 45-50MPH in reverse with a standard or automatic trasmssion (NOT a CVT)

Not quite. The reverse gear ratio is usually the same or similar to first gear. In modern vehicles it's also RPM limited; you might be lucky to hit 20-25 MPH. No manufacturer would build a car that will go up to 50 MPH in reverse-you've been watching too many movies.

Sorry to hear about the car. It's totaled and hopefully the ins co gets it all worked out for you. Did you at least get to go on the Fucillo cruise since you got the car there? See his ads when I'm down in Naples, FL all the time. HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEE!

Welcome to the world of insurance companies that spend money on massive advertising campaigns, instead of customer claims.

When talking to an insurance claims adjuster or telephone operator over the phone (Travelers), always get their name and/or badge I.D. number. I have found when I do this, I get better action/ results, in regards to my call.

Also, reading stuff like this is why I deal with local agents / companies and visit them physically, in times of need.

Originally Posted by RhondaHonda
Sorry to hear about the car. It's totaled and hopefully the ins co gets it all worked out for you. Did you at least get to go on the Fucillo cruise since you got the car there? See his ads when I'm down in Naples, FL all the time. HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEE!

Huge tom, HUGE! I saw commercials for him in Vegas when I was there too - I think he has a dealer there. I will say, Billy Fucillo himself does donate a ton to local (Syracuse) charities. I have to give him that. As annoying as his commercials are .. or were - we don't have cable TV so I haven't seen or heard any of his commercials in 6 years now.

The Fucillo Leaseon franchise is Billy's sun, so no cruise.

You tell them to handle. You will wind paying some charges up front but will be compensated. Standard procedure in some cases.
Its not your companies fault its the lazy agent. Read them the riot act and tell them to handle it.

Been there done that. Then write a letter to corporate and tell them about the lazy agent.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
If that's truly Progressive's policy, they suck. About two years ago, a driver hit my wife and totaled our Odyssey. Our insurance handled everything and when it was all done involving us, then they subrogated with State Farm. In our case, SF paid up to our insurance company but even if they denied all fault and refused, our insurance said it wouldn't impact us.

Progressive is the worst, IMO. Travelers is good IME from when we were hit in our van.

What progressive claims is incorrect unless op didn't pay for un/underinsured coverage, which I thought was required.

So traverlers finally sent out an adjuster. It isn't going to be totaled (somehow), but I suspect he didn't roll underneath and take a look at the frame. Only $5600. They also claim it was driveable, so I had to use my AAA to get it towed to a colission center. Everything quoted was LKQ parts (trunk parts, tail lights, wheel/tire, bumper cover). The quarter panels and the roof are apparently going to be brand new panels. I'm not sure why the roof is getting replaced, but whatever.

Still no rental ...

I'm about ready to start billing them for all the mileage on my personal vehicle.

The roof!?
crackmeup2.gif

I'm still betting that once that thing gets to the body shop, that bill is gonna skyrocket.

A reminder of what $10k looks like:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...45/4th-times-the-charm-right#Post4751445

And what $2,342 looks like:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4385277/1

The roof!?
crackmeup2.gif

I'm still betting that once that thing gets to the body shop, that bill is gonna skyrocket.

A reminder of what $10k looks like:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...45/4th-times-the-charm-right#Post4751445

And what $2,342 looks like:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4385277/1

To add to Nick1994's post, this was $4,200! But I agree, body shop will look at it and that will double or triple instantly.

The roof thing makes me think the unibody got tweaked and put some waviness/ripples/whatever into the roof... I hope they total it, I'd be pushing hard for that. After the adjuster deemed it drivable I would have asked "would you put your loved ones and children in that and drive around?!"

B412B2DA-E755-4C60-A749-BA3C2902F38F.jpeg

The roof!?
crackmeup2.gif

I'm thinking totaled once the body shop actually starts the teardown.

The roof actually looks good. I'm really surprised by that. But given how the car was hit at an angle, I'll be surprised if the frame isn't kinked. The roof is the most expensive item on the appraisal. I guarantee once the body shop starts looking at it, the car ends up being totaled.

The insurance adjuster didn't notice the floor being caved a bit and I'm sure the left side frame rail is kinked.

Got the car back last week! 1 month and two days out of service. The 2018 Corolla rental we got for 3.5 weeks was a much nicer car than the Leaseon.

There was more damage that the insurance adjuster missed --- to be expected, of course. there was unibody damage. So the frame had to be pulled and got an alignment. It got a new roof, quarter panels, wheel (still unsure on this one?) , tail lights, trunk floor , trunk, evaporative emissions components (guessing the canister) , crash beam and bumper cover. The back glass and opera window had to come out while they were straightening and adding in new panels. $6700 of damage done to it total and another $780 for the rental car. Someone's insurance is going up!

The body shop did a GREAT job! There was horrendous orange peel on the LR fender from the factory and the trunk lid had a rust hole in it already. The orange peel was bad enough that I thought the dealer would accuse us of having shoddy body work done on the car. MUCH better - the paint is blended perfectly and there's no orange peel. Obviously it's a different trunk so no rust. They also cleaned the interior and I swear it's cleaner than it was when we picked it up new in 2017.

Over a month later and there are still pieces of the broken tail light at the intersection. And of course there's more added weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back