Rust remover

Status
Not open for further replies.
any product recommendation for removing rust on the sunroof glass metal surround.

I will be taking it off first & remove the glass + the rubber seal

I don't know what products are available to you in the UK. However here in the US, I use acid based rust removers. I have use different brands of Naval Jelly(jelly-like) and Krud Kutter(liquid). Both are a to be applied directly to rust and left on the rust for, oh IDK, 20-30 minutes and then cleaned off. A 2nd coat may need to be applied before all of the rust disappears.

Just know that where ever the rust was, will leave pitted marks/spots. Then the surface can be prepped for, well, whatever you want to do such as resurface, repainted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
I don't know what products are available to you in the UK. However here in the US, I use acid based rust removers. I have use different brands of Naval Jelly(jelly-like) and Krud Kutter(liquid). Both are a to be applied directly to rust and left on the rust for, oh IDK, 20-30 minutes and then cleaned off. A 2nd coat may need to be applied before all of the rust disappears.

Just know that where ever the rust was, will leave pitted marks/spots. Then the surface can be prepped for, well, whatever you want to do such as resurface, repainted.

I have a murray deck that has a bit of rust, maybe a bit deeper than surface.
I scraped it off.
I'm thinking of using rustoleum rust primer then the enamel.
Is it better to try to remove all of it? I may have to at it with an flap disk and the surfaces curve.

Always " best " to remove it all . Then apply some sort of rust " killer " , then prime , then paint .

the only way to remove it all is sand blasting or acid dipping because of the shape.
naval jelly is comes under loctite and not available.
Oh well I will just have to bite the bullet and get one available locally & hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back