What Brand Of Conventional Oil Would You ONLY Use??

I'd have to say pyb or qsad. Engines running pyb just seem to run forever! I've never tried pyb in my Accord,but qsad ran insanely smooth and quiet when I tried it once.

Originally Posted by wemay
Probably Valvoline, if it had to be one.

I guess I gotta' get used to the idea of walking, instead of driving.
The only conventional I'm finding here in S.E. Michigan with SN Plus and Dexos1 Gen2 certs is Supertech and I refuse to buy house brands.

Now excuse me while I double-up my online order for New Balance Walking Shoes.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by dnewton3
RK.
Low cost and turns in great UOA data for my applications.

Who makes RK's oil?

I believe its Warren Oil out of North Carolina now. Was Citgo for a while

Originally Posted by tblt44
Castrol GTX
Just because I used it 30 years ago.

Same here, it was my go-to before you could by "syn" oils for nearly the same price.

Originally Posted by tblt44
Castrol GTX
Just because I used it 30 years ago.

What did you use to get the varnish off the dipstick back then?
I used it for 4-5 straight years and I'll never use their conventional again. But I currently am using their full synthetics in two vehicles.

RK.

Is that Rural King oil? Are you talking about Harvest King that Rural King sells?

Please forgive me. I'm just now open to using conventional oils and am ignorant.

It seems Quaker State and PYB are highly favored. I just bought 4 cases of Federated Auto Parts 5w/30 and 10w/30 as it was on sale.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

h and I refuse to buy house brands.

Not that I buy any either but IM curious to know why you stay away from house brand ?

Originally Posted by Baveux
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

h and I refuse to buy house brands.

Not that I buy any either but IM curious to know why you stay away from house brand ?

He is just being himself is all. Which is why I have him on ignore
smile.gif

Qsgb, VWB, PYB, FORMULA SHELL all are good

Driven HR line, just to throw a suggestion in that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I've become a fan of Havoline (Chevron) lately.

Originally Posted by Gebo
RK.

Is that Rural King oil? Are you talking about Harvest King that Rural King sells?

Yes, he's referring to "Harvest King" oil.

I get it at Atwood's farm and ranch. $11.99/5 qt jug for full synthetic on sale, $8.99/5 qt jug conventional on sale

I buy 2 gallon jugs of 15W-40 for $14 on sale!

Originally Posted by tiger862
Any that meets spec of my vehicle.

Same here, as long as it's a major name brand, and it's the lowest priced. I think I've used every major brand of conventional oil over the years, and I've never experienced an oil related problem in any of my cars or trucks. I've always used reputable brand filters specced for my motors, and paid attention to my drain intervals.

Lately or cost effectiveness, I've been buying a major brand, Phillips 66/Kendall from local distributors. Phillips typically doesn't pay a bunch for advertising their oils, so they can be bought at a price lower than Walmart's price.

In my humble opinion, and by looking at the UOAs here, there's not a huge difference in one major brand to another in conventional oils. I'm guessing it's the same for synthetics.

Back