WIX WL10078

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, BITOG goers,

I bought a few WIX filters for the Subaru. While comparing them to the OE Tokyo Roki, pictures below. I found one that did not have what I believe to be a tin deflector piece above the bypass spring.

My question. What is the intent of this piece? Safe to use without? Thanks for the input.

20190707_110828.jpg

20190707_110458.jpg

Last edited:
What is wrong with a WIX filter?. My understanding is that they are one of the few aftermarket companies that took Subarus bypass spec into account.

Originally Posted by FA_WRX
I found one that did not have what I believe to be a tin deflector piece above the bypass spring.

My question. What is the intent of this piece? Safe to use without? Thanks for the input.

Not sure what you're describing.

The top picture you can see the spring at the bottom of the center tube. In the second picture you see a metal piece at the bottom of the center tube.

That's the difference I'm tryomg to point out. It looks like a piece of metal.

Different bypass valve designs - ? Maybe the WIX built has the combo valve in the base, so no visible bypass valve on the dome end. Hard to tell what's going on in the photos.

To clarify the WIX filter in picture one is different than the WIX filter in picture two. I wonder if they are designed differently or was this an error.

What's the date code and country of manufacturing on the two WIX? Possible they changed the design. Can you get better shots down the center tubes with a flash on the camera? Looks like just a different bypass valve design from what I can tell.

I'm not sure on date code didn't think to look. They all came out of the Gastonia N.C. plant. Would tend to agree it might just be a manufacturing change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back