Pit Boss Pro Series 1100 pellet grill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, recently purchased said grill at Lowes (used some sweet gift cards from work) and have now cooked with it two times (hamburgers/dogs).
I'm learning a bunch with it and one thing I've discovered is that I don't think (and Pit Boss doesn't recommend) I will put heavy duty foil on the flame broiler plate (which is heavy stainless steel). Didn't use it for the first cook but did for the second and it is a pain to do. I almost had a grease fire due to the foil not allowing the grease (80/20 chuck) to properly flow down to the grease collection system very well.

Anyway, any Pit Boss guys out there with their suggestions/hints/tips you can share?

FWIW: I did have a Traeger Junior 20 (Costco special) as my first pellet grill and really like this Pit Boss model over it (I sold it for nearly what I had in it to a coworker). I also have a Weber Genesis 1 grill from the 90's that is fairly decent shape still and I don't think I will ever go back to it.

Last edited:
I don't have a Pit Boss, but I have a Green Mountain pellet smoker (one of three smokers I own) and I use a heavy duty foil on the grease tray and change it out every few cooks. I bought a wider foil so a single sheet is all I need and it makes a nice, smooth surface for the fat/grease to run down into the collection area. No issue!

Charcoal! nuff said.

IMG_1032.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back