QSUD vs Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is QSUD as good as Valvoline FS? I do 7,500 mile intervals and I'm considering switching for my next oil change since at Walmart QSUD is $17.97 compared to Valvoline FS at $24.95.

There is no answer to this other than opinion and anecdotal experiences. Both are top notch oils.

Originally Posted by wemay
There is no answer to this other than opinion and anecdotal experiences. Both are top notch oils.

+1

I am at a toss up also with the low cost of qsud vrs all others, mobil penzoil ect

The new Valvoline FS (Advanced Synthetic) is a fine oil with a great ad pack for just under $25 while the QSUD is also fine also with a good as pack for just under $18 currently . On paper the Valvoline looks a touch better - but you really don't know what QSUD has borrowed in the way of base stocks from SOPUS ? I have Valvoline 5W30 Advanced in my Sonata currently with QSUD 5W30 on deck for the next oil change . It would be great to see how they do at 7500 miles but with a DI engine I don't go beyond 5000 miles OCI .

Imo Quaker State is better. Better add pack(more moly),better base stock. Someone posted that QSUD is about 70% gtl if I remember correctly.

Comment of the day.

Probably no difference in performance go with QS since it's cheaper. If QSUD is under $18, no rebates involved I can't see why anyone would go with another name brand oil.

I think either would be fine for a 7500 mile OCI....QSUD would get the nod on price.
If I were going out to a 10K OCI I'd probably step up to Mobil 1 EP or AP or Castrol Gold....but I probably will never go that long of interval (7500 is my comfort zone).

I currently have Valvoline FS in 1 vehicle, Castrol in another and QSUD in another so I'm pretty flexible.

Originally Posted by buster

+1

+ another.

Originally Posted by pbm
I think either would be fine for a 7500 mile OCI....QSUD would get the nod on price.
If I were going out to a 10K OCI I'd probably step up to Mobil 1 EP or AP or Castrol Gold....but I probably will never go that long of interval (7500 is my comfort zone).

I currently have Valvoline FS in 1 vehicle, Castrol in another and QSUD in another so I'm pretty flexible.

Agree.
And all three of these mfgrs are fine business.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to give QSUD a try for the CRV's next oil change coming up.

Originally Posted by Coastie05
Is QSUD as good as Valvoline FS? I do 7,500 mile intervals and I'm considering switching for my next oil change since at Walmart QSUD is $17.97 compared to Valvoline FS at $24.95.

Quaker State's shelf competitor is Castrol Magnatec, Mobil Super Synthetic..
Valvoline's shelf competitor is Pennzoil Platinum, Castrol Edge, Mobil-1 Vanilla.

Notice the two different ladder rungs?

Originally Posted by SteveG4
Originally Posted by pbm

Agree.
And all three of these mfgrs are fine business.

Right on ^^^^^^^^

There is no answer to this other than physical reality. That's why specifications exist.

These two oils meet the exact same specs I believe....

API SN, islac gf-5, Dexos1 Gen 2...

If, only if, Walmart in my area would stock QSUD in 0W-20 flavor, but no availability in my area. If you can get it for your application, QSUD is a fine oil. So is Valvoline. If it were me I'd opt for the savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back