Chrysler to bring back Voyager name

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fantastic move, ,the minivan market is very slim pickings these days. Either sienna, odyssey, pacifica, or grand caravan/town and country. Hopefully this adds some motivation for a more solid drivetrain to their minivan lineup. I have loved the minivans but i have always been worried about the slushboxes pushing them down the road.

It would be nice if they offered an I4
smile.gif

Sounds like it takes the place in the lineup that the Dodge Journey filled, for a cheap people-mover with three rows.

They made a miserable version with a 4 cyl/ 4 speed auto.

My cousin recently bought a loaded up Chrysler minivan, talk about bang for the buck. It is a way more practical vehicle than a Tahoe or other big SUV

They were crazy to ever get rid of the Voyager name, and even crazier if they get rid of the Caravan name.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
My cousin recently bought a loaded up Chrysler minivan, talk about bang for the buck. It is a way more practical vehicle than a Tahoe or other big SUV

Heard it said a lot that Tahoes and Escalades do not have a lot of room inside I am not sure if they mean passenger room/legroom/lack thereof but. As to overall utility, I have heard this before. Also as to minivans being more practical than an SUV.

I had a 2009 Town and Country and it was identical to the 2019/2020 Grand Caravan. Thats an old platform. Surprised they are still building them. I guess the fleet customers buy so many vehicles that they have a say. The new Voyager will probably kill off the ancient Grand Caravan for fleet and budget sales.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I had a 2009 Town and Country and it was identical to the 2019/2020 Grand Caravan. Thats an old platform. Surprised they are still building them. I guess the fleet customers buy so many vehicles that they have a say. The new Voyager will probably kill off the ancient Grand Caravan for fleet and budget sales.

Reminds me of a news article I had seen a few months ago, The entire Chrysler line-up is old as !

So the Voyager will be a trim level of the Pacifica?

What's the big deal aside from the POSSIBILITY that it'll deliver a little additional value to the customer (which is a good thing)?

Originally Posted by KrisZ
As a more affordable version of the Pacifica minivan.
The Pacifica rental I had once already felt pretty cheap. What's the next level down from there?

I guess if it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel and is priced right, it'll still sell.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
The Pacifica rental I had once already felt pretty cheap. What's the next level down from there?

I guess if it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel and is priced right, it'll still sell.

Minivans are made to be cheap. That's why people buy them. They tell themselves other things, but really, it's because the Suburban costs $70K and they have 4 whelps to haul around and all the expenses that entails.

Nice! My parents had a Voyager growing up. I kinda miss that thing.

Bonus points if they offer a dark green with gold BBS wheels as a factory option.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Minivans are made to be cheap. That's why people buy them. They tell themselves other things, but really, it's because the Suburban costs $70K and they have 4 whelps to haul around and all the expenses that entails.

I own an Escalade AND a Sienna minivan. The Sienna is objectively a better vehicle in almost every way. It is just as luxurious and has better ride quality. It has more cargo room, the 3rd row seats are way easier to access, and sliding doors are superior to regular doors. It gets way better gas mileage and parts are much cheaper. And yes, purchase price was way cheaper too, as an added bonus. About the only advantage The Escalade has is towing capacity. The people with SUVs really should be driving minivans, but THEY'RE the ones telling themselves other things (too dorky, don't want to be seen as a lame soccer mom, other shallow reasons) to justify their SUVs. I bought the Sienna because it was absolutely the most practical vehicle I could possibly buy. I didn't expect to like it at all. But it has quickly become my favorite vehicle.

Originally Posted by exranger06
I bought the Sienna because it was absolutely the most practical vehicle I could possibly buy. I didn't expect to like it at all. But it has quickly become my favorite vehicle.

You sound like my very wealthy beachfront client who has it all. He bought a Chrysler minivan a few years ago and now he is getting a new one! Claims it is nicer to drive for him.

They are easy to like...

Originally Posted by exranger06
Originally Posted by Ws6

I own an Escalade AND a Sienna minivan. The Sienna is objectively a better vehicle in almost every way. It is just as luxurious and has better ride quality. It has more cargo room, the 3rd row seats are way easier to access, and sliding doors are superior to regular doors. It gets way better gas mileage and parts are much cheaper. And yes, purchase price was way cheaper too, as an added bonus. About the only advantage The Escalade has is towing capacity. The people with SUVs really should be driving minivans, but THEY'RE the ones telling themselves other things (too dorky, don't want to be seen as a lame soccer mom, other shallow reasons) to justify their SUVs. I bought the Sienna because it was absolutely the most practical vehicle I could possibly buy. I didn't expect to like it at all. But it has quickly become my favorite vehicle.

All well and fine on the technical front, but no thanks. It's just not appealing to me, or anyone I know. You may well like it, but just not something I'd ever be into.

I kinda like the Caravan, never tried the Pacifica--sounds too upscale for me. But the Caravan, I could go for that. Too bad they ditched the cargo version, I think that could replace my truck--well, save on towing, and the Caravan is technically rated for what I'd want (3k or so, depending upon how overloaded I am).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back