New to me 1998 Mustang GT, what coolant would u use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to do a couple drain & fills this summer. 124K on the clock. What would u use? I was think Peak Global. Yea or Nea?

To be honest with you I think it would be fine. I use the kind that mixes with anything and have never had any water pumps go out or any problems. I always make sure to change it out so it retains a nice color. I even use plain label anti freeze in my Honda and previous Honda's and it worked great. I read somewhere there are only about 3 anti freeze companies and it's all about the same. Sure, they use different additives etc. but for the most part most engines are not that picky.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I would use traditional green .

current stuff is gold. Autozone sells Zerex around here. $19.99 for 100%. They have a $7 rebate too for an AZ gift card. I'll grab a jug today.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
That car came with green from the factory, I had one.

In the 20's cars came filled with alcohol as antifreeze. Doubt any Model T owners would still use that.

I returned the Zerex this AM. Not knowing what the current fill really is I figured Peak Global lifetime is the better option.

Zerex G-05 (which I believe is the same as Motorcraft Gold) has some silicate in it....PEAK Global does not.....I think the PGL would be fine AFTER A COMPLETE FLUSH.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back