What Harbor freight tools do you give 5 stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list
90 degree die grinders... I have 10 on a rack with all diffenent tooling installed.
Hydraulic table..... one of the handiest things I have ever bought from HF.
Abrasive tumbler. Hundreds of hours and still works fine.
Impact sockets.

Oh and best of all .... their line of netting tarps is second to none. I think they actually screwed up and made something that is top of the line and very robust.

- Brake caliper retraction tool
- Chicago Electric 6" DA polisher. Looks like it's been discontinued & replaced by a Vulcan model

Their cheapest corded reciprocating saw for under $20. Used it to cut up a Chevy Cruze before taking to a scrap yard, Thought I would sell the saw on Craigslist afterwards, but it did so good I'm keeping it.

Tire Machine
transmission jack
the freebie volt meters
body trim pry bar set
biggish red tool box
dinky 40x48 inch trailer

Their magnetic-base tilt-angle gauge is decent, compared to the much more expensive, name-brand, grossly inaccurate, U.S.-made one I bought earlier.

Agree that their (sometimes) freebie volt-ohmmeter is surprisingly good, considering. So are my freebie scissors.

A few other things I've bought there rate approximately zero stars.

Last edited:
Any of their impact sockets. Still have my first set from 5 yrs ago and beat the snot out of them. Still look new. Their bottle jacks have been very good for me too.

I love the floor jacks. The magnetic fastener dishes.
I bought the 3/8" cordless ratchet. Like it. Gonna buy the Milwalkee Fuel soon.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Oh CLine I have the 2 or 3 ton alum jack too.
Forgot antother one..... powder coat gun—- works very well

^ Yeah that 25% coupon is the best thing they offer.
lol.gif

Oh forgot another one... 31 years ago I ordered their 1 hp floor mount drill press. Just handed it down to my son this past winter. Not the most powerful or robust thing you ever seen but it lived through my abuse.

Things I have got cheap from HF that got me out of a jam or were stellar/cheap:

impact sockets
transmission jack
crow's foot extensions
1/2" drive low-clearance breaker bar
Fluid transfer pump
tie-down straps
pick-up magnets
very long straight and curved needle nose pliers

Probably a lot more that I can't recall, but creating that list was quick...

Talk about peeps [censored] about google watching what you do... well HF watch's you too.
9 times out of 10 when I go to HF it's always on a Friday morning. When do you suppose I get the coupon texts? Early every Friday morning.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
None. It's cheap chinese garbage that has no place in my garage.

Lots of it isnt Chinese any more. I forgot the plastic 72 tooth ratchet. I grab it before I get my snap on one.

Their 4 ton floor jack, 20 ton bottle jack, and 25" breaker bar come to mind. Their composite ratchets are very good, and so are their impact sockets. They have stepped up their game a bit over the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back