Cummins ISX; Rotella 15w-40 20k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me read this sample. It's a 2009 prostar with a deleted ISX. 15/40 rotella T 20,000 on the oil thanks in advance

Screenshot_20190701-213528_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Earnies2
Can someone help me read this sample.
Not unless you can repost it in higher resolution.

+1. FWIW, If an oil analysis can't be understood unless your a lube engineer, it's time to change companies. Blackstone leaves no doubts/questions. They use plain language for us. Used them for years. I highly recommend them.

Sorry I posted wrong one the 1st one was taken 2 oil changes ago this one was taken last month .
[Linked Image]

I would highly recommend getting TBN when you are going to long mileage OCI. Forget Blackstone and use NAPA. They include the TBN for $16.00.

THE UOA looks fine for 22K miles. How large is the oil sump? Forget the Blackstone comments.

Ok that's great advice I have a napa account I will look into that. The sump is 11 gallons. Does everything on this sample look ok i am kinda clueless on reading these but i want to learn how....the 2 samples are close one was 18k and the recent one was 20k i just installed a amsoil bypass. I will go to my next change and sample then and see what the bypass did..

Welcome to the site!

You seem to have the cart before the horse; two UOAs and no understanding of how to read them and what they are good for (and not good for). And on top of that, now you have a BP filter.

Please start by reading many of the good articles linked from the home page, about UOAs.

OTR vehicles are a great place to utilize both UOAs and BP filter, but ONLY if you truly UNDERSTAND how to use them; knowing the pros/cons is paramount to making good OFCI decisions.

When did you install the BP filter? Are either of these UOAs pre or post installation?

Thanks for your help both samples are pre bypass filter. My reason for joining this site is to learn the proper way to understand a oil analysis. To be able to extend the life of my engine and extend service life of my oil safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back