Independence Day detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, Happy 4th!

My wife and I are making this a long weekend, so for the first time in a while I have some extra time on my hands. I was able to *barely* detail both of our vehicles this morning / afternoon. From beginning to end it took about 5 hours in 94+ degree weather, needless to day I am beat!

The Jetta got a vacuum, and all interior plastics and V-Tex seats topped with 303. Exterior was washed with Chemical Guys Extreme body wash + wax, followed by a coat of Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine.

The Accord also was vacuumed (enjoying our small wet / dry vac), interior plastics topped with 303 and leather seats topped with Leather Masters leather protection cream. Same exterior wash as the Jetta but followed with Meguiars Ultimate spray wax.

They are both looking spiffy again, but this heat is going to kill me!

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

Wow looks great. The turtle wax seal and shine looks amazing on your Jetta! Another point for tw seal & shine! Nice! ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Wow looks great. The turtle wax seal and shine looks amazing on your Jetta! Another point for tw seal & shine! Nice! ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Yes, I am a fan of their ICE sprays. It seems to hold up significantly better that Meguiars.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Very nice job. Enjoy the rest of the Fourth.

Thank you, you as well. Some pot roast and pierogi await! Fireworks this evening as well.

Originally Posted by gregk24

Yes, I am a fan of their ICE sprays. It seems to hold up significantly better that Meguiars.

Nice job on the detailing!

The Turtle Wax product does leave a nice shine when its done.

Unfortunately...the TW Ice Seal & Shine lasts about 60-90 days (protection). The Meguiars Ultimate Liquid lasts 5-6 months.

But of course you can do a quick interim spray wax (with UV protection of course) to keep things protected.

But now that you're very experienced...you likely won't mind doing it again maybe Labor Day weekend.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

Nice job on the detailing!

The Turtle Wax product does leave a nice shine when its done.

Unfortunately...the TW Ice Seal & Shine lasts about 60-90 days (protection). The Meguiars Ultimate Liquid lasts 5-6 months.

But of course you can do a quick interim spray wax (with UV protection of course) to keep things protected.

But now that you're very experienced...you likely won't mind doing it again maybe Labor Day weekend.
grin.gif

I was referring to Meguiars Ultimate spray wax, not liquid. I do have both in my arsenal. Where I live NOTHING lasts 5-6 months. I do try to wash the cars every 1-2 weeks if possible though. Which will wear out wax/sealant sooner.

I have read a lot a great reviews for the TW ice spray wax, I think when my Mequires gets used up I'm going to try it. Your cars look great! Happy 4th!

I was referring to Meguiars Ultimate spray wax, not liquid. I do have both in my arsenal. Where I live NOTHING lasts 5-6 months. I do try to wash the cars every 1-2 weeks if possible though. Which will wear out wax/sealant sooner.

Yeah...all spray waxes have much shorter lifespans. If we're spending 5 hours doing 2 car details here...we're going to do it so it lasts for another 5-6 months.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

Yeah...all spray waxes have much shorter lifespans. If we're spending 5 hours doing 2 car details here...we're going to do it so it lasts for another 5-6 months.

Applying Meguiars Ultimate Liquid or similar would take me a bit longer. Again, the 5 hours included 2 cars, and cleaning the interior and exterior.

Looks great, you could drive those cars for 30 years and they'd still look better than most people's 1 year old cars.

Nice job gregk24! Decades ago I could do two cars in one day but those days are long, long gone. I'm slowly getting to where TurtleWax products are all I use. Clean and shine, dash and glass and Ice spray wax are used often. Currently working through a bottle of meguirs car shampoo, then I'll try whatever TW offers in car washing products.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Looks great, as always. I need to do the Atlas; I haven't touched it for over 100 days!

Hard to imagine!

Awesome bro! I found the same thing. Ultimate quik wax didn't hold a candle to turtle wax ice spray wax. Sticking to turtle wax for life ...Ž

Originally Posted by double vanos
Nice job gregk24! Decades ago I could do two cars in one day but those days are long, long gone. I'm slowly getting to where TurtleWax products are all I use. Clean and shine, dash and glass and Ice spray wax are used often. Currently working through a bottle of meguirs car shampoo, then I'll try whatever TW offers in car washing products.

Same here my man! Slowly using up everything and shifting to only turtle wax products with the yearly application of nu finish. Unbeatable combo at amazing prices! How do you like the dash and glass by the way?

First of all, Happy 4th!

My wife and I are making this a long weekend, so for the first time in a while I have some extra time on my hands. I was able to *barely* detail both of our vehicles this morning / afternoon. From beginning to end it took about 5 hours in 94+ degree weather, needless to day I am beat!

The Jetta got a vacuum, and all interior plastics and V-Tex seats topped with 303. Exterior was washed with Chemical Guys Extreme body wash + wax, followed by a coat of Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine.

The Accord also was vacuumed (enjoying our small wet / dry vac), interior plastics topped with 303 and leather seats topped with Leather Masters leather protection cream. Same exterior wash as the Jetta but followed with Meguiars Ultimate spray wax.

They are both looking spiffy again, but this heat is going to kill me!

Love the Accord!
thumbsup2.gif

Applying Meguiars Ultimate Liquid or similar would take me a bit longer. Again, the 5 hours included 2 cars, and cleaning the interior and exterior.

Understandable. You've done some very nice work both inside and out.

Just as an FYI. I did both our car and SUV with a clay bar, Chemical Guys polish, Meguiars glaze, Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Sealant, and then Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana UV spray wax treatment in 5 1/2 hours 3 weeks ago. The interior was also done (plastic/leather/chrome/carpet/windows). The DA polisher was used for the polish & sealant steps (saves about 35-45 minutes). That process is done twice per year here and lasts until the next treatment. In between washes (worst case every other week)...use the Blazin' Banana spray with a 20 minutes UV protection boost application.

Enjoy the results of your hard work!

Same here.

Wash, clay, wax the Fusion yesterday.
Wash, clay, wax the van today.
About 5 hours apiece and feeling every bit of my 57 years old....
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back