Consumer alert from PQIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the organometallic analysis results indicate the product may contain used oil and abrasive material..
For these reasons, the product is NOT suitable for use in virtually all automobile engines currently on the road.
Use of this product in virtually all automobile engines will likely cause harm to the engine."
crazy2.gif

What would be the point of marketing such garbage?
Is there really a market for this in the USA?

Looks like a small bottle of coolant. Crap oil like that can often be found in independently owned gas stations and convenience stores located in bad areas.
The type where you can buy a crack pipe, stem, Chore Boy... .

While at first I was going to comment on the funky labeling etc, it seems that if you read the label this is maybe a classic car oil or API SA or something really off or old, the label states PLEASE NOTE: Does not meet newer car warranty requirements. It then goes on to NOT list an API Service category, and advises owner to check their manual.. "Follow owners manual for viscosity grade and API service category."

Avoid.

Proudly made or marketed in Illinois. American flag prominently displayed on front. Hmmm.

[Linked Image]

The shape of the bottle tells me all I need to know. Avoid. I would run my car a quart low to somewhere to get a not more than $3 quart of oil before I bought this. No oil pressure light on, the engine is good just take it easy if you somehow knew the level was low.

That's not WPP or XOM or anyone, who even makes that bottle?

34.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by talest
While at first I was going to comment on the funky labeling etc, it seems that if you read the label this is maybe a classic car oil or API SA or something really off or old, the label states

What would qualify as a "classic car" where used oil containing abrasive material is included in the mix?
Seems like there's lots of grey area and the company offering this oil is taking advantage of this.

I'd stick with the PQIA recommendation to generally avoid this oil (not that it's even available in Canada).
I'd also advise anyone else to avoid it too.

"Meant to be used for top off purposes only."

That really inspires confidence. A temporary spare of oil?

Originally Posted by Sylvatica
"Meant to be used for top off purposes only."

That really inspires confidence. A temporary spare of oil?

I wouldn't even use it for that nor for any power equipment. Full of metals and abrasives.

Sounds like used oil ran through cheesecloth and rebottled.

Ever notice how much of this junk oil on PQIA comes from Illinois, I'm sure it's just a coincidence
lol.gif
, probably from the same "parent" company.

Whimsey

KV100 is very low and moly=1.
iirc, our drinking water has more moly. We get a report once a year!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Chris142
Does this oil look like new oil or old nasty oil when poured?

[Linked Image]

Probably looks like this garbage made by Xpress.... And yes this was straight out of the container..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back