Corner lot cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always devolves to the ultimate traffic evil being those who go slow in the left lane. Sort of a Godwin's Law.

Originally Posted by mk378
It always devolves to the ultimate traffic evil being those who go slow in the left lane. Sort of a Godwin's Law.

Yes and it's always fun when those who go slow in the left lane show up to defend their decision. But of course in my mind, they never seem to have any solid arguments.

I propose one modern day implementation where phones with bluetooth will be tracked on the highway and all those going slow in the left lane will automatically get tickets in the mail.

Cutting through a pkng lot is sheer stupidity and dangerous as all get out. Kid stuff. Pedestrians, cars backing up. I go out of my way to avoid congested areas. I try to pull through when parking too. I figure my trips out through and around to eliminate turning across traffic.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by BJD78
I was pumping gasoline last week and was nearly run into by someone who was cutting through a corner gas station parking lot (at a fairly high rate of speed) because apparently he was too impatient or too lazy to wait for the red light to change. I notice a lot more people doing this (just cutting through corner lots to avoid waiting for a red light). A friend of mine owns a carpet cleaning business which sits on a corner lot here in Lincoln NE.He has put up several big orange cones in the past in hopes of deterring the lot cutters and often they just drive right over or around them like it is their birthright to cut through private property. Now he just parks his trailer there to totally block the lot cutters. It is a dangerous practice to get into especially or pedestrian who are in the lots. I never have heard of anyone getting ticketed for it by police,but maybe they do stop and ticket offenders who do this. It is a practice that certainly seems be on the increase from what I observe. I guess people are just very,very impatient and cutting through a corner lot even when it puts others at risk to get to Starbuck 90 seconds faster for that double goat milk ,honey, soy boy latte must be real important to them See it usually several times per day. Not as dangerous as red light runners,but it is a problem i suspect nation wide.

I was stopped one time for doing sorta similar by state police. What had occurred was, I missed my turn due to the arrow turning yellow, while the straight remained green, so drove 2 blocks further, and took a left at a light (proper/legal), and entered a shopping outlet parking lot that spanned several acres and touched the road I had meant to turn left on prior. Anyway, I cut at a sensible speed across the large parking lot (which was 100% empty, as it was 0100hrs), and then exited the drive proper, onto said road, and continued. It was then that I was pulled over for both this, as well as forgetting to turn my headlights on. The state trooper explained that what I did was illegal, as I had not followed the roads in the parkinglot and had instead cut across parking-spaces, and even though it was 100% empty, and private property, I still had to allegedly follow the "roads" through it. No ticket was issued, and I learned a thing. I do not think this is the same at all as what you describe, but it is related, and I was stopped by LE for it plus the headlights.

Originally Posted by Ws6
I was pumping gasoline last week and was nearly run into by someone who was cutting through a corner gas station parking lot (at a fairly high rate of speed) because apparently he was too impatient or too lazy to wait for the red light to change. I notice a lot more people doing this (just cutting through corner lots to avoid waiting for a red light). A friend of mine owns a carpet cleaning business which sits on a corner lot here in Lincoln NE.He has put up several big orange cones in the past in hopes of deterring the lot cutters and often they just drive right over or around them like it is their birthright to cut through private property. Now he just parks his trailer there to totally block the lot cutters. It is a dangerous practice to get into especially or pedestrian who are in the lots. I never have heard of anyone getting ticketed for it by police,but maybe they do stop and ticket offenders who do this. It is a practice that certainly seems be on the increase from what I observe. I guess people are just very,very impatient and cutting through a corner lot even when it puts others at risk to get to Starbuck 90 seconds faster for that double goat milk ,honey, soy boy latte must be real important to them See it usually several times per day. Not as dangerous as red light runners,but it is a problem i suspect nation wide.

I was stopped one time for doing sorta similar by state police. What had occurred was, I missed my turn due to the arrow turning yellow, while the straight remained green, so drove 2 blocks further, and took a left at a light (proper/legal), and entered a shopping outlet parking lot that spanned several acres and touched the road I had meant to turn left on prior. Anyway, I cut at a sensible speed across the large parking lot (which was 100% empty, as it was 0100hrs), and then exited the drive proper, onto said road, and continued. It was then that I was pulled over for both this, as well as forgetting to turn my headlights on. The state trooper explained that what I did was illegal, as I had not followed the roads in the parkinglot and had instead cut across parking-spaces, and even though it was 100% empty, and private property, I still had to allegedly follow the "roads" through it. No ticket was issued, and I learned a thing. I do not think this is the same at all as what you describe, but it is related, and I was stopped by LE for it plus the headlights.

How do you forget to turn your lights on when it's dark out? You're not alone, I see a lot of people driving around with no lights on in the dark these days...

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Ws6

How do you forget to turn your lights on when it's dark out? You're not alone, I see a lot of people driving around with no lights on in the dark these days...

Ironically, it was in my WS.6, and they were not the brightest, and it was in a pretty well lit part of town. Lots of street lights + mediocre headlights = not sure if on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SeaJay
I once saw a corner cutter going through the gasoline station where I was parked. Before he got past me, I opened the back of the station wagon (yes, it was a long time ago) and leaned in to get something. Not enough room for him to pass. I kept fussing around in the back for 3-4 minutes even though there was nothing in the back I needed. He had to wait until I finally got done, he missed a couple of lights.

Savage beast. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back