Happy 4th of July...

Status
Not open for further replies.
July 4, 1776. The day that represents the Declaration of Independence and the approval of the final wording, and the birth of the greatest, most prosperous nation the world has ever seen.

34.gif
Happy Independence Day

From your greatest friends and trading partner in the world.
08.gif

I wish everyone a happy Independence day and will use the opportunity to express gratitude for all the sharing of knowledge, advice, and help with all things automotive, and more. I'm also grateful to you all for the fun and sometimes passonate discussion. It makes things very interesting and entertaining, at times, too. There is just so much expertise here. Thank you all!

Originally Posted by Fawteen
...and the approval of the final wording,

Which apparently took a couple of days!:

Originally Posted by John Adams to Abigail Adams, July 3, 1776
"The Second Day of July 1776 will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. . . . It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires, and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

243 years ago, the great experiment began. 56 men (and a whole lot more whom didn't get direct credit) stuck their necks out and believed in a future than could be. May the Founding Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters and Children rest in peace and look favorably upon what they created. I thank each and every one of them; all those whom gave to enrich and secure the Freedoms I gratefully clothe myself in every single day.

Godspeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back