Seen in the Wild. New Chevy Blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Fawteen
If you like sagging doors, leaking roofs, and sheet metal that rusts when it gets close to a lawn sprinkler, then that's the blazer for you.

None of which mattered to high school boys. I didn't own one but a friend did. It was 4wd and V8 baby, all that mattered. Time fogs reality.

I disagree. I had one. Saggy doors, slow, but decent off-roading with 3.08 gears and 4 speed with granny low. It had a lot of character, but I am over that now.

I could care less bout the new blazer or family SUVs gas guzzlers..

It More Lexus than lexus looking. Syling is generally good with the exception of the played out "floating roof" silliness. Thoughits done with restraint here.

Now that GM came out with this the gas prices will surge - I feel it in my bones!

Every one back in their Fiesta's and VW's

the sales target Lexus for this Blazer:

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
The sagging doors were a feature. Pull up slightly to close the door.

These new blazers probably have power door closers that mimic that.

The design is familiar. Honda CRV front end. Hyundai in the back. How original.

That looks like the RS trim. RS?? MSRP @ $44.7K! I'd take a look after it's out a year or two.

This is a Blazer!
[Linked Image]

Complete with doors that rattle and won't latch,a broken frame around the steering box and 1/2 the cam lobes in the oil pan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
That looks like the RS trim. RS?? MSRP @ $44.7K! I'd take a look after it's out a year or two.

This is a Blazer!

Complete with doors that rattle and won't latch,a broken frame around the steering box and 1/2 the cam lobes in the oil pan.

Don't forget the wobbly steering column!

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'm not impressed.

It's just a minivan. Also not impressed.

.... meh. ...it's just a classic name badge slapped on another generic looking mid size SUV by GM.
coffee2.gif

They could easily recreate the Blazer by altering a Yukon to have 2 doors....but they won't...because aside from nostalgia, no one wants to hike up over a tilted front seat to get into the back of an already taller than usual large size SUV. It would be impractical for loading and carrying items as you really could only access the items from the back and if you could wedge yourself in between the tilted front seat and the door jam, maybe get an arm in there.

Last edited:
its the new vehicle effect, just like the ford ranger and jeep gladiator at launch it will be very overpriced due to demand.

or another example, the jeep cherokee return in 2014.. paying sticker.. since 2016 they were selling between 6-10k off msrp(depending on package)

Also the cherokee was considered ugly by many due to the 6 "headlight" design very polarizing.. but after time more people accepted it.

I'm more interested in the new bronco.. and yes this blazer is no where near as ugly as the new GM trucks with the goofy wheel wells,front end, and C H E V R O L E T across the grill.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rand
its the new vehicle effect, just like the ford ranger and jeep gladiator at launch it will be very overpriced due to demand.

or another example, the jeep cherokee return in 2014.. paying sticker.. since 2016 they were selling between 6-10k off msrp(depending on package)

Also the cherokee was considered ugly by many due to the 6 "headlight" design very polarizing.. but after time more people accepted it.

I'm more interested in the new bronco.. and yes this blazer is no where near as ugly as the new GM trucks with the goofy wheel wells,front end, and C H E V R O L E T across the grill.
sick.gif

Agreed. I was unimpressed w/ the new redesigned Ranger. Also unimpressed with this "new" Chevy Trail Blazer. Plenty of people will be champing at the bit to get to a dealership and buy one right away, though. Some folks just love to get the freshest newest model at intro and don't mind paying a lot extra for it. Unless one has money to burn, much better to let the design mature a year or three before jumping in on a particular model.

Originally Posted by spasm3
looks like a cross of a honda, and a mazda cx-5.

Cars have just been homogenous appliances for a some time. Vast majority are reliable and follow the pack styling. Not much you can do to trick up a CUV.

Originally Posted by ls1mike

Actually this is a Blazer.
[Linked Image]

A neighbor boy had one of these and I helped him rebuild the carb and tuned the engine.

That puppy took us on a few hunting trips (as payback for getting it it to run right) where others dared not to go.

That new Chevy Blazer: yuck! A blade of grass would hang it up.
grin.gif

Last edited:
I think GM should stop making interesting cars and just give everything cool names. The Cruze should be called the Camaro. Does anybody even buy junky 2 door cars from a bygone era anymore?

Originally Posted by ls1mike

I like it a lot better than the Equinox.

It seems like the same thing to me, just angrier looking with bigger engines? Either way, just get rid of the Equinox name. Call the Equinox a Blazer instead, and call the current Blazer the Blazer Angry Picasso Edition.

What is this supposed to compete with? On the market that is.

Looking at Chevy's lineup, this seems to be similar to Traverse in pricing. So it seems like they have two small CUV's and two mid CUV's, then there is Suburban and Tahoe (not sure if Suburban qualifies as SUV). Looks smaller than Traverse, so is it Trax->Equinox->Blazer->Traverse for small->large CUV?

[Linked Image]

Can never have enough SUVs in the lineup. I think it's sharp and you can get a V6.

They really did a number on the Traverse. The Blazer looks good but I feel like I've seen it before. The Trax is nice and I could see myself buying the Equinox with it being like a less extreme Blazer.

I'm not sure there was really a gap that needed to be filled between the Equinox and the Traverse but I suspect it will sell just fine. I'm not a fan of the brand and wouldn't personally buy one but I'll give credit where it is due. I think they put together a nice vehicle that should sell well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back