Hyundai psf-3 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking to flush the power steering fluid in my 2003 Tiburon but need to find something that is fairly available locally. What are some alternatives to Hyundai's psf-3?

it just so happens my nearest napa is almost 45 minutes away, I have access to advance, autozone, O'reillys and Walmart. Is there anything available at those stores that would work for this application?

I've used both Valvoline Max Life ATF and Valvoline Import Multi-Vehicle Full Syn ATF in my daughter's 2006 Tibby without any issues. Just use the turkey baster method, and swap it out over a week or two.

When I did my '04 Elantra, I just used some Supertech power steering fluid (4-5 turkey baster drain and fills) at around 75,000 miles, and was working fine when I sold it with 135,000.

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
Im looking to flush the power steering fluid in my 2003 Tiburon but need to find something that is fairly available locally. What are some alternatives to Hyundai's psf-3?

I have extensive research into this exact problem. After much comparison I have discovered psf3 to be a dexron2 fluid. The closest thing I saw to original psf3 that had specs publicly available was ravenol psf. Whose specs are nearly identical to either mercon v or dexron 3. Use the cheapest mercon v or a quality Dex/Merc specs available on pqia website.

well it just so happens that I have some leftover Valvoline maxlife and some dex/merc, so I think ill go with the dex/merc in this situation.

All I have ever used for PSF is whatever is the absolutely cheapest Dex/Merc I can find anywhere.

I have never owned a vehicle that says "You must use XXX type power steering fluid or else........"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back