Old Kendall Pennsylvania Crude Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the 1960's I used a laboratory balance that was just like the one in the video. I used it to analyze jet fuel and demineralized water for impurities.

I just watched the entire film, and had visions of being a child watching open-top front end loaders (or "diggers" as my brother and I called them) like in the movie.

What was most startling was seeing the near-empty interstate—comparatively speaking, our traffic today on nearly any road is at Soylent Green levels of congestion to the film's Oklahoma.

While I was aware of Brad-Penn Oil (Bradford, Pennsylvania) I was unaware that Kendall, "The Six Month Oil", had been derived from Pennsylvania oil fields. Thanks for posting this—truly cool to watch!

Last edited:
Very neat video. Liked the shots of the 'gushers' as a well broke through, the roar is very cool.

It's sad that with the proliferation of modern drilling techniques, horizontal drilling, shale deposits, we no longer see distinctive types of oil from specific areas...it was neat when these very specific wells produced a very identifiable crude, and places took pride in that.

Now refiners just blend together feedstock from all over to make 'base oil'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back