AMSOIL oil filter rating change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search and couldn't find any info. But I just read that AMSOIL has now changed their oil filters rating from 98.7 to 99% at 20 microns.

Just an FYI

Last I saw, they are exactly the SAME as the Royal Purple and Donaldson Synteq filters when cut open (all made by Champ labs)

white synthetic fiber material over a backing screen.

Same thing, rounding 98.7 to 99. Because for marketing, they know people see the 99 on all the competitor's boxes and will think it's better even though it isn't.

for the price amsoil should install them as well, like their lubes a bit better + a lot more costly!!

Originally Posted by rollinpete
Just looked up the filter for my Explorer, EA015 $19.90 plus shipping . No Thanks.

They ARE pricey...I've been looking for Donaldson down the road.

Originally Posted by rollinpete
Just looked up the filter for my Explorer, EA015 $19.90 plus shipping . No Thanks.

I've considered Amsoil/RP but they are waaaaaaay too expensive compared to a Fram Ultra, especially in Canada.

98.7% at 20 microns is still great. I wouldn't pay that, though, when I can get an Ultra for almost half the cost. Heck, I won't run Ultras for awhile in my Pentastar after picking up a bunch of M1 filters on clearance for 4 bucks each. I think they are good enough at 99% at 30 microns, at least at that price. UOA's will tell the story, though. I'm sure I can sell them for what I've got in them if anything shows up that bugs me.

I'm going to run their Ea filters for maybe 3 oil changes. I don't see enough evidence to show the filters get clogged enough in one change interval to necessitate changing them.

Originally Posted by metroplex
I'm going to run their Ea filters for maybe 3 oil changes. I don't see enough evidence to show the filters get clogged enough in one change interval to necessitate changing them.

I have run Amsoil Ea filters for 3 OCI's with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back