What would make BITOG better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I'm happy with the site as it is.

+1
We just got an update last year, September I think?

Change your theme settings to change it up, I like UBBCentral the best.

The only thing I would change is allowing mobile users to see signatures. Often times people reference cars in their signature, but when on a cell phone that signature isn't even there...

Is there a way the board can be setup by Admin (Wayne) to show uploaded photos from a cell phone taken in portrait mode in the same portrait orientation instead of showing up on it's side (in landscape orientation)?

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
I think we need more expert facts and insider info news from members such as OVERKILL, Gokhan, SonOfJoe, Shannow and others when this info is available. I have learned tons from these wonderful members and others.
smile.gif

Minus one virtual coffee mug for leaving MK out !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fawteen
I read this site years ago and there were some real experts-Terry Dyson and Johnny to name a couple. The site seems to have lost most of the members who were real oil experts; now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts. The search feature is marginal at best, and some of the information available from when the real experts were here is becoming outdated.

There is some useful information, but wading through the sophomoric noise gets old.

After awhile they get tired of answering the same questions and debunking the same myths. Feelings vs facts. For example we have a sticky in the UOA section regarding "normal" wear and yet people still get UOA's done on short OCIs' of young engines, and still run different oils in every sample, and STILL use these UOA's as a basis on which lubricant is "best".

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to see (if it's not already there and I'm just too unobservant to notice)

An indicator that I've posted in a thread.

Originally Posted by Cujet
One thing I'd like to see (if it's not already there and I'm just too unobservant to notice)

An indicator that I've posted in a thread.

This is a great idea.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I read this site years ago and there were some real experts-Terry Dyson and Johnny to name a couple. The site seems to have lost most of the members who were real oil experts; now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts. The search feature is marginal at best, and some of the information available from when the real experts were here is becoming outdated.

There is some useful information, but wading through the sophomoric noise gets old.

After awhile they get tired of answering the same questions and debunking the same myths. Feelings vs facts. For example we have a sticky in the UOA section regarding "normal" wear and yet people still get UOA's done on short OCIs' of young engines, and still run different oils in every sample, and STILL use these UOA's as a basis on which lubricant is "best".

Ban all threads that says Walmart gets a "cheaper watered down version" of Mobil One.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
now most of what you get are a handful of users who have read a few oil analysis, looked at pictures of cut open filters, and are now self-proclaimed experts.

crackmeup2.gif

On the technical side, please don't move it to some finger-friendly tablet-only site that is a horror to use on a laptop. The way it is now is pretty good. A better "ignore" feature would be nice.

Please ban phone screenshots with phone window dressing still intact altogether. All modern phone capabilities are already much better than this.

On moderation, there are a handful of users who make life [censored] here. Most of us cannot start a thread about, or mention certain brand names without huge long diatribes. Will not continence any recommendation of something that is not their pet product. We all know who I am talking about.

Finally the pile-ons when someone uses or recommends a 0w-20 or 5w-20 is ridiculous. Don't want to use it, fine. But stop the harassment of those who do.

Originally Posted by newbe46
Less censorship would be a start.

I've never been censored here. At worst a thread got locked that I had participated in.

If you really are being censored, please consider what you are saying, versus the purpose of the board.

A User CP to see the threads you participate in and if they are active. Other forums have a place that tells you when someone quotes your post or replies to your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back