New to me 2008 Kia Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backstory: My dad is gifting me his old 2008 Kia Rondo EX. He 'upgraded' to a 2014 Honda Odyssey and the used car dealership he bought the van at was only willing to give him $1000 on a trade in so I guess he figured he'd just give it to me. It has just a hair under 240,000 kms (149129 miles). It's a 7 seater (I wish my dogs would learn how to use the third row) with the 2.4. Of course, being 11 years old and with close to 150000 miles, it has a few problems such as suspension noises which don't concern me and I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm sick with a fever and I didn't have the energy to put a lot of effort into getting the best lighting and whatnot

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (1).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (3).jpg

Webp.net-compress-image (4).jpg

The heck with lighting, nice view around it. Get over whatever bug you have.

Congrads on the new ride. Hope it works well for you.

My aunt has a 2007 with 170k. Just give it the updates it might need, and it should go for a while.
My Aunt's just got the adjust (chain I think), but has need very little money in it besides Maintenance.....

Is that a custom backup camera installation?
LOL!!
The car looks really clean and free of rust.
I think most folks would agree that a little wrench turning beats trying to stop serious rust.
This little guy should have a lot of life left and the body is a very efficient shape for interior space.
You could put Renault badges on it and it would pass for one.

Almost bought one of these but they were newly introduced with no discounts so bought an Optima (same platform and engine) instead. Had no trouble with my car and the Rondo will always be one of those cars that got away. ...unlike the Ody, which I would never have a desire for. Find the missing wheel cover and you'll have a real catch. Pre-direct injection and should go another 200,000 km.

Last edited:
They are a good, solid, very reliable car. You will get years out of it.

I was looking at these before I found our Soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back