Bass fishing (Ned rig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how many of you bass fish, but there is a newer technique that made a believer out of me today. Zman, a company, has capitalized on marketing the Ned Rig. All it is, is a light 1/16-1/8oz ball head jig with half a senko type bait threaded on. For the last couple years I've been hearing about how great it is catching not only small bass but big ones! I can attest it catches all sizes. I was having a slow start fishing but as soon as I put a Ned rig on, it was game on!
Anyone else try the Ned Rig?
[Linked Image]

Always had incredible luck with Rapala floating minnow for bass. In fact, I caught one yesterday with the Rapala when jigs weren't working.

What makes it better than any other jig?

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Always had incredible luck with Rapala floating minnow for bass. In fact, I caught one yesterday with the Rapala when jigs weren't working.

What makes it better than any other jig?

I'm a floating Rapala fan , all species go after it . A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Just to be clear it's not really half a senko. Senkos sink and the Zman elazatech baits float, so the tail ends stands up off the bottom. My experience is that if you aren't using a floating bait it doesn't work as well because it lays flat on the bottom.

I tried it for the first time on Eufaula back in February and it made a believer of me.

I see you guys know the Bill Dance trick of sticking that fish close to the camera - but as an avid fisherman (and related cheat) myself - I always look at the size of the hand compared to the fish … Just kidding - nice catches !
thumbsup2.gif

That color looks like the old Amalie - of course Bass Assassin has a color called 10W40 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back