Kia Stinger and Genesis G70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by RamFan
[Linked Image]

lol.gif

You got me.

It's just that every time I visit my local Dodge service department, it's like stepping inside Jiffy Lube or Walmart auto center, alas, I like not having to pay Audi/BMW prices, so I deal with it.
smile.gif

I know one of the Dodge techs and he always makes sure one of the lube techs he trained services the Hellcat. I watch the whole time and they are very thorough...draining oil cooler, etc. Very lucky to have a dealer I trust...I even drive 50 miles to go there. Have had 3 oil changes and every time oil level is perfect and they use the SRT Viper oil filter. Found a great Dodge service department.

Originally Posted by mbacfp
...I watch the whole time and they are very thorough...

Very lucky to have a dealer I trust...

Do you trust them?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by mbacfp
...I watch the whole time and they are very thorough...

Very lucky to have a dealer I trust...

Do you trust them?

So far I do.

I've been extremely pleased with the BMW, Mazda, and Mini dealers I use. The Hyundai and Kia dealers in my area don't inspire much confidence; whenever I've gone to look at a car I've felt like I need to take a shower afterwards.
A dealer can make or break the ownership experience.

Cue: "All dealers are stealers!" comments.

Dealerships vary by ownership and management. Luxury brands have higher profit margins to pamper customers a bit but that's about it.

My first hand comparison:

I browsed the Lexus dealership nearby and dealt with a couple of employees. The overall dealership attitude was disgustingly deceitful.

Nearby Toyota dealers I dealt with are disgusting too, and I found out that the worst Toyota dealer has the same owner as this Lexus dealer.
In contrast, some smaller Toyota dealers in other towns are quite decent.

In Lexington the Honda and Acura dealers are not under the same roof, and in my experience the Acura dealer is the worse for attempts to deceive customers.

I have dealt with awful deceitful Ford dealers too, including the one near me, yet there is a smaller Ford dealer in a smaller town not far away that was very nice in my experience.

I did not find my nearby Hyundai dealer deceitful but I found them incompetent and their shop a stinky mess. Owner of that dealer has changed since I was last there so perhaps they have improved, or perhaps they have degenerated further.

Bottom line is that the vehicle brand cannot guarantee a good dealer.

I've not had any stellar dealership experiences, but Audi and Infiniti up here are pretty decent both sales and service wise. A friend was a service writer at a Hyundai dealer when Genesis was still sold through Hyundai, they tried to excel at customer service, but you were still going in and sitting next to a guy with an Excel. They also didn't have the amenities of the true luxury car dealers, there also wasn't the air of superiority.

I would love to spend a weekend with a G70 or Stinger GT. They both look great, the short test drive I did in the Stinger felt great, but I've heard they lose their composure closer to the limit. Still, they are very appealing cars to me, I could see myself buying a G70 if I didn't have to carry a family and luggage around so frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back