Honda airbag recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Accord that just got recalled for the passenger side airbag. In 2016 I took it in and they replaced both the drivers and passenger side airbag. It is crazy how many airbags they are replacing.

Same. Had mine done in 2016 and it's been recalled again. Not excited about taking a 17 yr old car w/215k to the stealership.

This was part of the plan. The earlier recall intentionally used inflators that essentially had the same problem when exposed to high heat & humidity. This gave them time to manufacture newer units that didn't have the problem, hence the second recall. I think Honda said it will be almost 23 million inflators when it's all said and done. Crazy and costly for sure.

Originally Posted by mclasser
Same. Had mine done in 2016 and it's been recalled again. Not excited about taking a 17 yr old car w/215k to the stealership.

Yup, they will hawk you to trade that puppy something fierce!!

Last two times our '04 Odyssey was at dealership, the SRS light mysteriously became illuminated after a few days. In both cases I found the under seat plugs "became" loose. And they wonder why they don't do service for us.

Originally Posted by bugeye
Last two times our '04 Odyssey was at dealership, the SRS light mysteriously became illuminated after a few days. In both cases I found the under seat plugs "became" loose. And they wonder why they don't do service for us.

That's shady beyond belief--but of course "nothing can be proven".

Local dealership I've used seems to be decent. I'm sure they are priced like everyone else but they seem to be ok. Anyhow. Wife is apt to inherit her mother's 2003 CRV before long, and I see that it's probably under an airbag recall (saw something on my phone the other day). Joy. Sometimes I wonder about unplugging them in my 20 year old car, but I know that is knee-jerk reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back