Status
Not open for further replies.
well, just got my first UOA done. hopefully this'll be my last one :p

2006 Honda Accord 4 Cylinder - Quaker State Ultimate Durability Full Synthetic
139,241 at time of oil drain
5,788 total miles on the oil
Oil installed 7-17-17
Oil drain 8-1-18

I followed my OLM, don't remember the exact % it was at when I changed it, but it wasn't at 0% life left.
What do you guys think?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Those numbers look great. Wonder what some folks on here think about that they think Quaker State is just second class oil? Well I've found it to be just fine. Still has great TBN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Those numbers look great. Wonder what some folks on here think about that they think Quaker State is just second class oil? Well I've found it to be just fine. Still has great TBN.

I've never had qualms about choosing QS for any of my cars. Isn't their motto "Just dammn good oil", or something like that....

Last edited:
I have QSUD 0W-20 in the sump now. Running FRAM TG filter for its second go around. Maintenance minder has me on track for a 12k miles OCI. I'll change it there and sleep well at night.

Originally Posted by JunkdrawerDog
I have QSUD 0W-20 in the sump now. Running FRAM TG filter for its second go around. Maintenance minder has me on track for a 12k miles OCI. I'll change it there and sleep well at night.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

QSUD is a great oil. Excellent protection and never breaks the bank. Been using it since 2007.

Everything is fine here. But this is the old batch..... probably SN.
The QSUD new formula is different and SN Plus / Dexos 1 Gen 2.

What oil is inside that engine currently?

This looks like a fairly new batch. The stuff from a couple years ago was still very high in calcium with no magnesium. I think the Zinc and Phos were higher too. I preferred the older versions before these LSPI motor oils became the "norm." The QS HM versions are probably still using the high calcium and zinc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
My guess 69GTX....
The 1800 Calcium is probably 1200'ish today and the 100 Magnesium is probably now north of 450.

Maybe I should do a VOA of some QSUD 5w20 to keep things straight
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

I've never had qualms about choosing QS for any of my cars. Isn't their motto "Just dammn good oil", or something like that....

Yep. It's really darn gosh heck shucks oil. Wish they made 0w30

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Everything is fine here. But this is the old batch..... probably SN.
The QSUD new formula is different and SN Plus / Dexos 1 Gen 2.

What oil is inside that engine currently?

currently in the car...
[Linked Image]

here is the QSUD bottle i used....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and heres the filter i used...havent cut it open yet...disregard the mobil 1 box
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back