ENOES Racing Street 0W-20

I just sent in a ENOES Racing Street 0W-20 virgin oil sample in for testing. I wanted to open up a thread so someone else didn't also pay for a test. Results should be back in two weeks. This is going into my 2018 Titan XD 5.6L and I will follow-up with a UOA sample in 5,000 miles. I found it interesting the bottle is a trademarked design from Yamaha.

IMG_20190628_1245000.jpg

IMG_20190628_1245163.jpg

Last edited:
Have to admit I've never heard of the brand. Interested because I just recently got a 2018 Titan and was surprised at the 0w-20 spec. What does this oil have that all the others don't that would benefit the Nissan 5.6?

This comment has nothing to do with the oil inside, but about the bottle itself.

I really like those bottles. I keep a few wide mouth oil bottles around that I reuse to hold left overs.

There are two things about this Eneos bottle design that I like.
1) the cap: The threads on mine are designed so that when you tighten it, it gets stiff when it's almost closed and then snaps almost as if it's locking in place.
It seems more secure than the other bottle designs. You also know when it's really closed.

2) It holds up. The bottles from Mobil all start to look like they are under vacuum . They all look like they are sucked in a bit. The Eneos bottle I have is at least 7 years old and still looks brand new.

At this point I'm sure a lot of people are thinking "Dude, it's just a plastic oil bottle!" :)
But, it's a well designed one. I don't know if the current crop of bottles are like mine but I find them very nice.

-A

This oil may have one of the highest levels of zinc and moly avaible in a API SN 0W-20 - which could be a benefit for wear control in the Nissan DI 5.6l V8 - generally known to be tough on oil (a lot of gears and it's camshafts are driven by two chains, one for each head plus the timing chain that transmits the rotational movement from crankshaft to the both intake and exhaust camshafts). Also high moly may negate any chance of LSPI in this DI engine.

This oil does have a bit of a high at NOACK ~12% but that shouldn't be an issue if you stay with the 5k Nissan OCI's. I am also wondering what the calcium levels come back at.

Today I use Zepro Eco Medalist Advanced Moly 0W-20 it's NOACK is higher at 14%, it has a good dose of calcium - which I am trying to reduce.

I also do like the wide mouth bottles!

Last edited:
When I first looked at the picture/post, I thought that Eneos was specifically targeting the naturally aspirated boxer fours in the FT86/BRZ twins with that viscosity, and marketing.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by josephp732
This oil may have one of the highest levels of zinc and moly avaible in a API SN 0W-20 - which could be a benefit for wear control in the Nissan DI 5.6l V8 - generally known to be tough on oil (a lot of gears and it's camshafts are driven by two chains, one for each head plus the timing chain that transmits the rotational movement from crankshaft to the both intake and exhaust camshafts). Also high moly may negate any chance of LSPI in this DI engine.

Thanks. I thought LSPI was only a concern in turbocharged engines in low speed high load conditions?

Yes, 100% true - generally it is only a concern in turbo DI engine and carbon deposits on the valves are the bigger issue in these DI engines. I am just being a bit extra cautious as I tow at the max load with a lot of low speed take-offs in city driving and this engine does have a little bit higher 11.5:1 compression ratio.

Last edited:
Pretty well (gas mileage a side), I have the crew cab in SL trim - love the zero gravity seats. The truck tows very well and has a reasonable ride empty. Fluid changes are easy, I have changed the front and rear diff fluid, transfer case and did a quick drain and fill on the transmission. Oil changes take about 15 minutes and I stick to the 5k Nissan OCI intervals and use OEM Nissan oil filters. How about you? Like the Titan?

Isn't there some kind of Oil Law that states both Racing and 0W20 can't be used on the same oil jug label?
Is this a perfect example of the definition for Oxymoron?

I can't get past the "Racing" and "Street" in the name, sounds kinda hokey.

The bottle is attractive. Does it have any official builder approvals?

Be interesting to see the actual VOA.

VOA Report is back. High Moly, Zinc and Calcium. Compared to Idemitsu Zepro Eco Medalist SAE 0W-20 Adv Moly this oil has higher Moly and slightly higher Zinc and a bit lower calcium. Zepro's VOA numbers are 668 Moly, 804 Zinc, 2209 Calcium, 264 Boron, 12 Magnesium and 682 Phosphorus.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Back