C&P Mahle OX835D oil filter 2017 Audi A4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was in place for two 5k oci. Still looked great and felt solid. C&P on a cartridge filter feels like cheating
grin2.gif

20190627_204437.jpg

20190627_204759.jpg

20190627_205159.jpg

Originally Posted by dbias
... C&P on a cartridge filter feels like cheating
grin2.gif

I agree.
Remove filter cap, pull filter out, your 90% done with the C&P in less than a minute.
Another 2 minutes to get a utility knife and cut it open, take a few pics, and your done.

Filter looks good though.

So that's 10k all total on that?..that looks great! This is the 2nd Mahle c&p in the last few days that looks good.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
So that's 10k all total on that?..that looks great! This is the 2nd Mahle c&p in the last few days that looks good.

Yeah filter has 10k on it. 5k of Castrol Edge 0w-40, 5k of Mobil1 0w-40. I stretched it out and could see nothing on either side even nothing on my finger when I swiped both sides. So either the engine is spotless inside or this filter didn't filter anything
lol.gif

Yeah filter has 10k on it. 5k of Castrol Edge 0w-40, 5k of Mobil1 0w-40. I stretched it out and could see nothing on either side even nothing on my finger when I swiped both sides. So either the engine is spotless inside or this filter didn't filter anything
lol.gif

Even if you had a tear somewhere I'd think some amount of fluid would be filtered and the thing didn't fall apart soooo... I'm inclined to think your choice of oils, filter and drain interval is doing a phenomenal job of keeping things tidy!ðŸ‘

How many miles are on the car?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
lol.gif

Even if you had a tear somewhere I'd think some amount of fluid would be filtered and the thing didn't fall apart soooo... I'm inclined to think your choice of oils, filter and drain interval is doing a phenomenal job of keeping things tidy!ðŸ‘

How many miles are on the car?

The car has 59254 miles on it. The first 40k were 10k oci using Castrol and Ravenol and the car logged 100 highway miles a day. Wife got promoted and transferred to a location 5 miles from the house so I've switched to 5k oci because of the shorter tripping.
When I change out the oil next time I will be doing a uoa for the first time to check things out.

I'm positive of no tear as I had to pull the seam apart and fully stretched the filter media flat and it was solid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back