Kia Stinger and Genesis G70

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son in law is looking at these two cars, does anyone have direct experience with either?

Concerns: Stinger: dealership not luxury brand (son in law used to BMW dealer) G70: also dealer concerns, no stand alone dealer

Comments: ?

JR

Originally Posted by jrcowboys
My son in law is looking at these two cars, does anyone have direct experience with either?

Concerns: Stinger: dealership not luxury brand (son in law used to BMW dealer) G70: also dealer concerns, no stand alone dealer

JR

I am not sure what is the question? Is question about cars or dealership experience?

As a Genesis owner, if your SIL is terrified of stepping foot in a Hyundai dealership, I think they offer to come to your house and take your car in for you for services while dropping off a loaner at the same time.

Being a new Dodge owner, coming from a history of German car ownership, I somewhat understand. I'd prefer not to step foot in a Dodge service department if I had a choice.

Buy a trenchcoat, glasses and fake moustache for said son in law
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

As a Genesis owner, if your SIL is terrified of stepping foot in a Hyundai dealership, I think they offer to come to your house and take your car in for you for services while dropping off a loaner at the same time.

Being a new Dodge owner, coming from a history of German car ownership, I somewhat understand. I'd prefer not to step foot in a Dodge service department if I had a choice.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RamFan
[Linked Image]

lol.gif

You got me.

It's just that every time I visit my local Dodge service department, it's like stepping inside Jiffy Lube or Walmart auto center, alas, I like not having to pay Audi/BMW prices, so I deal with it.
smile.gif

lol.gif

You got me.

It's just that every time I visit my local Dodge service department, it's like stepping inside Jiffy Lube or Walmart auto center, alas, I like not having to pay Audi/BMW prices, so I deal with it.
smile.gif

Haha, I figured that's what you meant.

But I get it, there truly is a difference in customer experience between the various brands. Part of buying a vehicle, is buying your future interactions with the dealer network. So it should be considered when making a purchase.

It's akin to people choosing to shop at Walmart vs. Whole Foods. Yes, Walmart prices may be cheaper, but so too is your experience while there.

OP, what exactly is your question? Are you asking about dealer network concerns or vehicle concerns?

I've never seen a G70. The nearest Hyundai dealer is still listed as a Genesis dealer but there's nothing in stock. I assume Genesis will get things cleaned up with adequate stand alone dealerships in the next few years. I would have thought the two new large HyunKia SUV's would have spun off a new Genesis stable mate by now-- lack of stand-alone build out and an SUV is hurting them.

Last edited:

I own a couple Mercedes and I prefer not to step into any dealer service department. I only go for warranty work. Buy the car, not the service department.

If the concern is with the quality of the dealership experience, he shouldn't be looking at a lower-tier or non-luxury brand. The price of the car almost always correlates to the dealership experience. While Genesis is clearly aiming at Mercedes, BMW and Lexus in their offerings, their allure is price point. If he's aiming to save $10,000 on his next purchase, he needs to prepare for a decrease in amenities. But I'd bet all of them offer complimentary loaners, which is all I'd ask for if I was in the luxury market....a way to escape the dealership if it's a miserable place to be.

Bentley
Bugatti
Rolls Royce
Aston Martin
Maserati
McLaren
Ferrari
Lamborghini

Mercedes
BMW
Porsche
Audi
Alfa-Romeo
Land Rover
Tesla
Jaguar

Infiniti
Lexus
Acura
Volvo

Genesis
Lincoln
Cadillac

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento. Until the dealership was sold, I was happy with the staff and services I received. Never got the upsell. The dealership was sold to a large chain as I see their name on multiple brands, different cities in the region. The old dealership used to stock Pennz Platinum Syn. New dealership stocked bulk oil. They also tried to sell me a new battery on my last visit, telling me they needed to charge it so I could drive off the lot. The battery was fine. Apparently they perceived me as a profit center.

Originally Posted by ediamiam
I have a 2012 Kia Sorento. Until the dealership was sold, I was happy with the staff and services I received. Never got the upsell. The dealership was sold to a large chain as I see their name on multiple brands, different cities in the region. The old dealership used to stock Pennz Platinum Syn. New dealership stocked bulk oil. They also tried to sell me a new battery on my last visit, telling me they needed to charge it so I could drive off the lot. The battery was fine. Apparently they perceived me as a profit center.

I'm sure a luxo dealership would have used more multi syllable words in attempting to screw you over.

JR

Comments
1. If each dealership is a concern, what are the specific concerns about each dealership?
2. "son in law used to BMW dealer" Does that mean he used to be one, or is accustomed to going to one? If the latter, did he find it pleasant or otherwise?

Back in around 2003, I met a contractor my boss asked me to work with at a Lexus dealership, when he went there for an oil change (ES330), I saw the bill of said oil change to be $120 and I freaked out. The oil itself was only listed as $12 parts so it has to be dino too. He said it is all about the "service", but to me, all I see is the beautiful ladies in the service department with low cut shirt and their curvaceous bodies.

The Hyundai dealers service and sales department that I got my 2 GT's from treat me like i bought a $100,000 luxury car.
In fact if I went there just for the great coffee and to hang out they wouldn't mind at all.
I've bought 3 cars there and i guess they want to keep me as a customer.

Originally Posted by PandaBear
all I see is the beautiful ladies in the service department with low cut shirt and their curvaceous bodies.

That's how that all should be!!
wink.gif

My niece drives a new Lincoln every 2 years and has the concierge service agreement. Because of how good it is she'll never drive anything else. She's not a car enthusiast, she just needs it (and her) taken care of. It gets picked up at her job for oil changes and returned washed and vacuumed. Recalls and TSBs, same thing. Recently she hit a bad pot hole and tore a tire and wheel up. She called her dealer and they showed up with a 1600 mile loaner car for her to drive and a flat bed truck to take her car to the dealer.
The dealer handled all the insurance claims and got the car back on the road in a couple of days. When finished they delivered her car to the job, washed and vacuumed ready to go. Cost to her: $250 deductible.
Now what this service costs I don't know but she's very active with a kid and has a high pressure job. Every time she comes to family get togethers her car looks terrific and is apparently well serviced. Long as they keep this up, nothing but Lincoln's for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back