Jeep Renegade MTF Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my youngest son came home with a low mileage 2015 Jeep Renegade 4x4 with the 1.4L and a 6spd manual transmission. I can't seem to find out a lot about the transmission. The manual calls for MOPAR C Series Manual & Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Fluid. The must think a lot of it because runs about $23 per quart. I see it is 75W and GL4. Is there something so special about the synchros that it requires this special fluid?

On the Dart forums (the Dart calls for the same fluid), they are running a 75W gear oil. I won't go as far as to recommend it, but it's worth giving a read. Link

Clarification: They recommend a 75W GL-4 fluid.

Last edited:
I almost forgot Ford's FML-XT-11-QDC DCT fluid which is another DTC fluid option.

I would NOT use any GL-5 Hypoid Differential fluid under any circumstances.

Aftermarket trans fluid has to be the best value upgrade on any stick car. I'd never run OEM unless it was that magical Ford synthetic MTF. That what I would put in it if I were your son, if it meets the specs.

Amalie DCT fluid
smile.gif

Get it by the case of 12 on Amazon for $6/qt

Thanks everyone for the responses.

What's wierd is tha Amsoil and Redline have no recommendation for this application. There are some that are using RP synchromesh, I did see on Reline's web site that they have a low viscosity MTF that has a recommendation for Dodge/Fiat BOT 350 M3. I googled and this came up:

http://www.carquestprofessionals.co...id%20Application%20Guide%20%206.6.13.pdf

According to that guide, Dodge/Fiat BOT 350 M3 equates to Mopar 68092630AA which is the above mentioned MOPAR C Series Manual & Dual Dry Clutch Transmission Fluid.

I'll contact Redline to see if they can provide and insight.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
I almost forgot Ford's FML-XT-11-QDC DCT fluid which is another DTC fluid option.

I would NOT use any GL-5 Hypoid Differential fluid under any circumstances.

It looks like this is the part number for the WSS-M2C200-D2 spec? If so would the RAVENOL MTF-3 SAE 75W be a good alternative?

Here's the link:

https://www.ravenol.de/en/products/usage/d/Product/show/p/ravenol-mtf-3-sae-75w.html

If you're focusing on Ravenol specifically for some reason, then Ravenol has the J1D2111 but I have not analyzed it nor have ever seen any properties data.

I would contact Amsoil and Redline to see why their DCT fluids would not qualify for your application.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
If you're focusing on Ravenol specifically for some reason, then Ravenol has the J1D2111 but I have not analyzed it nor have ever seen any properties data.

I would contact Amsoil and Redline to see why their DCT fluids would not qualify for your application.

I just came across it when researching the BOT 350 M3. I noticed it listed the Ford spec for the Ford DCT fluid you recommended. That's why I asked. I have reached out to Redline, just waiting on a response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back