2021 Bronco to get 2.3L Ecoboost..maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted already. It seems an online configurator somewhat confirms the 2021 Bronco will get the 2.3L under the hood. I'm not at all surprised considering its based on the Ranger. At the same time this could just be something that was entered as a place holder and not true at all. But it would make sense. I've always figured they'd save the 2.7T for the higher spec versions of the Ranger and Bronco. Now if the Bronco somehow had a 5.0....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28183602/ford-bronco-2-3-liter-4-cylinder-ecoboost-engine/

The Ranger Raptor IIRC uses the 2.3 Turbo 4. I don't know if they will switch that up to the 2.7 though if its already good enough for a Raptor version.

The new Bronco will be based on the next generation Ranger platform. Not the existing Ranger platform which can't handle a V6. Hence why we don't see a Raptor in the US now. However, the 2.3 will most likely be the base engine in the new Bronco. I know that the 2.7/3.0 TT V6 will fit in the Bronco but don't know what trim level it will be in. Diesel is also rumored. A hybrid is rumored but if it happens it will be probably be a year or so after release. Who knows on when it's being released but mules are running around SE Michigan....at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back