Oil for DI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by donnyj08
QSUD 0w20 SN+. High moly which Honda seems to like for their engines, as well as a good NOACK. It's also very affordable.

I think Honda is a Moly fan only during break-in where the belief seems to be it helps to prevent hot spots and deposits from developing during break-in on cylinder walls as the rings conform. Beyond break-in Honda seems indifferent and Honda oil doesn't have unusually high Moly levels.

Originally Posted by Pelican
I would disregard the computer monitored OCI and do it every 5K miles with full synthetic (if you want to keep the car) This has stood me well in the many cars I've had.

I've collected a series of UOA's on this engine based on oil changes as called for by the MM and none have shown the oil to be unserviceable.

Do you have any evidence that shows you are doing anything other than throwing away half used oil?

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave
I would disregard the computer monitored OCI and do it every 5K miles with full synthetic (if you want to keep the car) This has stood me well in the many cars I've had.

I've collected a series of UOA's on this engine based on oil changes as called for by the MM and none have shown the oil to be unserviceable.

Do you have any evidence that shows you are doing anything other than throwing away half used oil?

UD

UOAs tell you the condition of your oil. They do not tell us the condition of the engine.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by UncleDave

UD

UOAs tell you the condition of your oil. They do not tell us the condition of the engine.

Correct.

A leak down shows the condition of your engine

My question stands.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back