Brother AIO Laser printer/copier/scanner $80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ethnix
Then $42 for a replacement black toner. Are there any cheap Ebay toner solutions?

Of course there are cheaper replacements. The drum has to be replaced too after X amount.

Compare to other machines before you say $42 is expensive. The operating cost of a Brother laser printer tends to be very low.

I recommend spending a few bucks more for the one with Ethernet unless you're absolutely sure the only printing you'll do is from one Windows PC that is within USB cable range.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mk378
Compare to other machines before you say $42 is expensive. The operating cost of a Brother laser printer tends to be very low.

I recommend spending a few bucks more for the one with Ethernet unless you're absolutely sure the only printing you'll do is from one Windows PC that is within USB cable range.

It has wifi you can connect it to a router with that, just no ethernet port.

I have aprox 25 brother lasers in service 25(out of 28?)
all 25 of the brother printers put together are less trouble than the other 3 (2 canon 1 epson)

Originally Posted by ethnix
Then $42 for a replacement black toner. Are there any cheap Ebay toner solutions?

Amazon has them starting around $11 I have seen deals 2 for $15 or so.
laser toner isnt ink it wont dry up or get wasted "cleaning" (that inkjets do)

I have the next model up. Great printer and low operating cost.
I suggest OE toner cartridges, tried the clones and they just don't work as well. Worth the extra costs for OE imo.

Low end Brothers are junk. You have to get into their higher end to get their good ones.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Does it have auto feed tray for scanning multiple pages at ones, including 2-sided document scanning?

Missed this reply, The sale is over but you should be looking for a DCP model.. those do have those features

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/913895/Brother-DCP-L2550DW-Wireless-Monochrome-Laser/

$149 currently.

I have the older DCP-7065dn and its been flawless.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Low end Brothers are junk. You have to get into their higher end to get their good ones.

That is a pretty useless comment.. Please specify which models and why they are junk so we can avoid them.

for example the original printer listed has
★★★★★ 4.6 out of 5 stars 386 Reviews

348 out of 368 (95%) reviewers recommend this product

some of the complaints are about people not being able to do a wireless setup of the printer without first hooking it up with a cable.

nothing to do with it being "JUNK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back